Our romantic relationship with our partner is one of the most important parts of our lives, but building and maintaining a happy relationship over time can be challenging. We want to make that easier.
Our core belief at Paired is that love is something we practice, each and every day, and we believe there’s an opportunity to help couples do this via a fun, effective, and affordable mobile app.
We launched our app in October 2020 and have won several awards since then, including being named one of Google’s Best Apps of 2020 and Apple App of the Day in January 2023. Our app is now used by more than 250,000 people a day and we’re the #1 player in the relationship management category.
About the role
We’re looking for a friendly and enthusiastic Senior Content Editor to join our Content team and create engaging and research-backed relationship content that brings couples closer together.
You’ll be working closely with our in-house expert, other content writers and editors, product managers, and marketers to identify and solve couples’ problems using content.
This role reports to our Head of Content, who is currently on maternity leave but will be back at the end of October 2023.
What Your Role Encompasses
- Write and edit engaging relationship content (questions, quizzes, games, and exercises) that brings couples closer together
- Maintain our in-app content calendar and make editorial decisions based on couple insights, content performance, trending topics, and other considerations
- Deliver engaging content that is fact-checked, accurate and inclusive, with minimal revisions required
- Input into the creation of new in-app features and content formats, working with product managers, designers and engineers
- Define key content metrics and analyse content performance to inform future initiatives
- Be the go-to person for the relationships of our users, understanding and prioritising the areas they need support with
- Work with relationship experts (in-house and external) on new content projects
- Provide content ideas and feedback to the Marketing team for upcoming campaigns
- Use content management systems to upload content and schedule ahead of time
- Champion editorial standards across the company, ensuring these stay up to date with industry trends in the fields of relationships, intimacy, and sexuality
- Extensive experience in writing, commissioning and editing digital health content across various formats
- Significant experience working for market-leading digital health or lifestyle apps/platforms
- Fluency in English, along with impeccable grammar, spelling, and editorial skills
- Proficient using content management systems
- Strong content analytics skills; ability to identify key content metrics, analyse content performance and extract insights to inform next steps
- Ability to produce excellent copy with attention to detail under tight deadlines
- Adaptability and a proactive approach to receiving and sharing feedback on editorial content
- Strong interest in relationship science and a genuine enthusiasm for creating content related to relationships, intimacy and sexuality
- Strong project management skills, able to manage end-to-end processes and keep tabs on multiple projects at once
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work with a range of stakeholders
- A valid UK or European working permit or passport (no sponsorship requirements)
- Yearly salary between £60-65K (role is available in other European markets, the salary will be slightly adjusted to the cost of living in your country)
- Significant stock options
- Fully remote work setup from any European country within ±1 hour of London time
- 3x company offsites every year (e.g. in Malaga, Florence, Lisbon...)
- Subsidised co-working space
- 25 days annual leave (+public holidays)
- Yearly learning budget of £1,000 / €1,150
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Opportunity to help millions of people with their relationship
- Application Review - We’ll review your application as soon as possible to assess your qualifications, experience, and motivation
- Initial Call - Our hiring manager for this role will reach out to have a conversation with you about your background and the role
- Task - We’ll send you a task to complete at home to assess your writing skills
- Team Interviews - The final step involves interviews with different team members you would be working with on a day-to-day basis
Diversity & Inclusion at Paired
- Our core value is championing relationships. Our app was built to serve all couples regardless of culture, gender, sexual orientation, and ethnicity
- We strive to create an inclusive environment where unique perspectives are encouraged, as we firmly believe that diversity enhances our company, culture and product
- We regularly review our hiring processes, materials and pipeline to ensure they are accessible and free of bias, offering equal opportunity to underrepresented groups. We are also always learning. We maintain open minds and welcome feedback on how we can improve, no matter where it comes from
And one last thing…
Excited by our business but not sure if you meet the job criteria? Not to worry! If you feel you have that special something and could contribute to our mission, get in touch anyway. We are always looking to add great people and we know that you are more than your CV.