Save My Exams is a rapidly growing EdTech platform, dedicated to helping students to achieve better grades in their exams. Reaching up to 2m monthly active users and on our way to 100,000 paying members, all while being bootstrapped and profitable, we support millions of students, teachers and tutors all over the world making studying easier and more enjoyable.
“Save My Exams is an outstanding resource for anyone looking to receive help with revising for exams.”
We’re now looking to hire an exceptional Economics & Business Content Creator to join our content team!
This role is a unique and exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing, forward-looking Ed-Tech company that genuinely puts students at the heart of all that we do. We want to become the most loved and trusted revision website with the very best resources available.
This is the perfect opportunity for you if:
- If you have experience teaching or tutoring Economics and/or Business at A Level (or similar!)
- You want to write & produce exceptional revision content including revision notes, exam-style questions & answers, & videos.
- You are excited about the opportunity to join, learn from & contribute to our high-performing in-house & freelancer content creators in the Economics & Business team.
- You are able (and would relish the opportunity) to take an exam syllabus - even one outside of your comfort zone - and produce amazing revision content that provides students with the keys to success in their Economics and Business exams.
If you think you have valuable subject and content creation expertise but do not necessarily meet all of our requirements for the role (eg. you don’t have experience in both Economics and Business), we still encourage you to apply as we may have other opportunities available. Please indicate in your cover letter if this is the case.
- Organise & distil exam syllabuses into clear course structures.
- Author exceptional course-specific content aligned to exams, including revision notes, exam-style questions & answers, videos.
- Review and proof revision content produced by others, ensuring it passes our quality thresholds.
- Understand and implement the requirements and specifications of different exam boards throughout all work.
We’d love it if you have all of the following:
- Subject matter expertise: You have a deep understanding of Economics and Business, both as subjects and pedagogically. You must have a degree in Economics or a related subject.
- Curriculum & pedagogical knowledge: Ideally, you also have a background in delivering education in Economics and/or Business, possibly as a teacher or tutor, OR you have demonstrable experience in creating educational resources for students.
- Writing: You have exceptional written & verbal communication and a high attention to detail.
- Creativity: You have the ability to clearly and creatively communicate challenging concepts to a student audience.
- Reporting & Communication: You’re at ease reporting & communicating with key stakeholders, as well as working to deadlines.
- Digital proficiency: You’re proficient with software such as Google Sheets or Excel, and will be comfortable working within our content management system (don’t worry, we will provide training and support).
- Data literacy: You are comfortable working with, analysing, and communicating data effectively.
These are our nice-to-haves, but they are not essential criteria:
- You have examiner experience, either marking or writing exam questions.
- You have professional experience authoring, editing or proofing content eg. for a publisher.
Our roles are challenging, but working for a highly collaborative and fully remote company comes with unique advantages and opportunities. Here’s what we offer:
- A competitive salary dependent on your experience and skills (£28-45k per year).
- A generous 36 days of paid annual leave.
- Annual profit share bonus and stock options.
- Paid sabbatical - 28 days paid leave for every 3 years worked with the Company (in addition to your annual leave allowance).
- £500 annual Learning & Development budget + 3 days to complete training.
- Pension contribution.
- Equipment budget for equipment you’ll need to do your role.
- The flexibility to work fully remotely, from your home or wherever you want! We’re UK-based but have team members in a range of other countries (within +/- 3 hours of London time for synchronous working).
- Regular Company get-togethers, to spend time collaborating and getting to know the team.
- An amazing team! We’re diverse, friendly and talented, and we love what we do!.
If all of this sounds like what you’d love to be doing, we can’t wait to hear from you! So that you know what to expect from us, our hiring process usually involves the following stages:
- Apply via our online application form.
- Assessment task (takes 2-3 hours).
- Interview with Steve, our Business & Economics Lead & a member of our Content team.
- Interview with Jenna, our Head of New Subjects.
The deadline for applications for this role is 30th November. Early applications may be prioritised.