🔑 The Key Bits
- We are a fully remote company with globally distributed team members. For this role, we are hiring from countries located between Eastern Time zones (North America, South America) ie EST/New York to Central European Time zones ie GMT+1/Italy/Spain/etc.
- Salary: $90,000-$115,000 USD
- Visas: We do not sponsor visas
- Start date: As soon as we find you!
- Reports to: Dawson, Head of Product Design
- Please include a design portfolio even if it is outdated
This is an exciting opportunity to join the talented product design team at Slate as a Senior Product Designer where you will be primarily focused on our mobile platforms, iOS and Android. You will be expected to establish and maintain high standards for product design and direction.
As a Senior Product Designer at Slate, you will have a large amount of agency and ownership over all facets of design output. We’re looking for a technically adept and collaborative designer with strong product sense, impeccable craft, and great taste to help us take our mobile apps to the next level. You’ll collaborate cross-functionally with engineers, PM’s, and other stakeholders to define long-term and short-term tactics and bring new features to life from problem discovery to deployment.
Interviews are conducted by video, typically over Zoom.
- First interview with Will, Co-Founder/COO (30 minutes)
- Second interview with Dawson, Head of Product Design & Shawn, Director of Product
- Third interview with CEO/Co-Founder Michael, and Darien, Senior Product Designer.
- Include a design portfolio - even if it is a little outdated.
- Any final candidates will be asked to complete a brief design exercise.
- Any final candidates will also have an opportunity to meet other Slate team members
🌟 About Slate
Slate is the first content creation & brand management platform built for teams. Slate is trusted by the biggest brand social media teams including the NFL, VISA, Budweiser and more. Our web & mobile platform allows teams to create content with their on brand fonts, colors, templates, graphics, animations and more, to then post to all social media platforms. Slate is listed as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2022.
🌍 Our Mission
Slate has big ambitions: We were born out of our Founders’ own experiences to solve the problems faced within social media. We are a nimble team of experienced social content & brand marketing professionals who have come together out of a passion for solving problems, building a company based on the deeply held values we share, and to make social content creation effortless for brands.
🚀 Our Vision
Our vision is to become the undisputed leader in social media content creation, by uniting all parts of the creation workflow into a one-stop solution for brands.
In this role, you will...
- Design flows, prototypes, sketches, and high-fidelity UI for iOS and Android from 0-1 and innovate and improve our existing features across iOS and Android.
- Validate and iterate on on solutions through customer research and feedback, data, wireframes, and interactive prototypes
- At times you may be expected to contribute to web based features or other design related tasks
- Utilize both quantitative and qualitative data to guide design decisions
- Provide thoughtful feedback during design critiques
- Work closely with Engineering to ensure a high-quality implementation and user experience.
- Solicit feedback from your peers, including other product designers and teammates in your product team.
- Work in close collaboration with design leadership to inform and improve our design processes.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of our iOS and Android design systems and processes
You'll be a great fit if...
- You have 4+ years of work experience as a senior product designer focused primarily on mobile
- You are an expert at your craft and well versed in mobile patterns and mobile creation app experiences.
- You have expert level Figma experience and are well versed and up to date with regard to components, auto layout, and more
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills. We work remotely and rely on asynchronous communication.
- You are self-motivated and capable of working autonomously in a remote environment.
- You are excited about tackling challenging problems with many tradeoffs and working in constant iteration and tight feedback loops
- You have experience working on social media or content creation related apps
- You’re excited to contribute to our culture through humility, intelligence, and collaboration
- Fluency in English
- Startup experience is preferred but not required
🤲 Slate Benefits
- Fully remote - work where you want
- Flex hours - we just ask you be available for core meetings
- Equity options
- Unlimited PTO policy - we mean it and encourage you to take it
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits (85% medical, 75% dental & vision; 25% for dependents) US only and stipend for international
- Health and Wellness $200 monthly stipend
- Home office budget or co-working space allowance
- Learning and Development annual stipend
- 401k options - US only
- Work with an Amazingly Fun and Collaborative Team!!
- We support DEIB initiatives and strongly encourage women and those in traditionally underrepresented groups to apply even if you don’t check all boxes. If this job interests you and you think you have what it takes, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
🤝 Slate Values
- PeopleFirst: We put people first, and care about the personal well being of our colleagues. We go above and beyond for our customers and each other.
- EmbraceAdventure: We are excited to take on new challenges, grow, and change in a fast changing environment. A willingness to pitch in and get outside of your comfort zone will help us thrive.
- Innovate to be Great: We're creative, innovative, & think BIG! We’re a unique company blazing our own path. We got to where we are through creativity and innovation and are only confined by our notions of what is possible.
- Win or Lose, Wear It: Celebrate your successes but also own your failures.
- Stronger Together: We are a team dedicated to collaboration and transparency. We keep lines of communication open and realize that we can only win if we work together.
🏆 Fun Fact
Slate won two Webby Awards in 2023 for Best Marketing & Content Management App and People’s Voice
View our our website: https://slateteams.com for more information about us