Heady is a digital product consultancy that provides full-service strategy, design, full-stack development, and growth marketing services for the most innovative brands — and we do it all with heart.
Working at Heady means being part of a group where your perspective matters, and where longevity is the norm, not the exception. We hire the brightest minds and the most supportive managers to create our certified Great Place to Work® culture.
At Heady, you’ll work on creative projects for top-tier clients like Hibbett Sports, Crate & Barrel, and LG. Our talented team collaborates from all over the world, so you’ll learn something new from your peers every day — and we’re confident they’ll learn something from you, too.
About the Role:
As a Senior Product Designer at Heady, you will be a part of a growing multidisciplinary design team creating beautiful and innovative user experiences that solve problems for clients spanning various industries. You will produce and represent creative user-centered designs by leveraging your Product, UX, Interaction, and Motion Design expertise. In addition, you will work cross-functionally with strategists, engineers, and partners to help deliver elegant user-centered product solutions.
- Own the design of projects and ensure final design solutions are on-brand, on-budget, and deliver on product strategy goals.
- Develop user flows, information architecture, wireframes, prototypes, and production-ready design deliverables.
- Lead the development of the product experience’s Design direction by leveraging Product Design, UX Design, Interaction Design, and Motion Design expertise.
- Co-lead kick-offs and ideation workshops and effectively communicate and present design work both internally and externally.
- Work closely with product managers, product owners, software engineers, strategists, and partners to help deliver elegant and innovative experiences that solve problems and delight users.
- Perform qualitative or quantitative research activities and validate design through usability testing initiatives.
- Contribute to Design Systems efforts, leverage existing Design Systems, or help build Design Systems from scratch.
- Collaborate with designers to cultivate a user-centered creative design process built on cross-functional collaboration.
- Deliver experiences that are inclusive and accessible to all audiences.
- Have proudly worked on various mobile experiences that are in the App Store or Google Play.
- Experience in responsive web design.
- Must have a strong portfolio showcasing diverse product designs that demonstrate a passion for design, a process-oriented design approach, and strong visual design skills through case studies.
- 5+ years of Product Design / UX Design experience, ideally in the agency industry or similar environment.
- Have a solid understanding of typography, layout, color, iOS (Apple Human Interface Guidelines) & Android UI (Material Design) patterns, and design best practices.
- Expert proficiency in Figma is a must including experience with components, auto layout, and other advanced Figma features.
- Experience in Visual Design, Interaction Design, Motion Design, and Animation.
- Experience leveraging an existing Design System and contributing to a Design System (ideally experience building a Design System from scratch) is a must.
- Strong conceptual, creative, and strategic thinking. You have experience translating customer needs, behaviors, and project requirements into concrete designs.
- Experience effectively presenting and communicating design decisions and design solutions to clients and team members.
Nice to Have:
- Experience working in an agency environment.
- Experience in collaborating with remote team members.
- Experience working in e-commerce and service design.
- Experience designing both B2C and B2B product experiences.
Compensation + Benefits:
- Competitive hourly rate. Range: $65-$85.
- Chance to work with a growing tech agency!
We highly encourage you to apply even if you don't meet 100% of the requirements above. Research shows that you can still be considered for a role even if you meet 50% of the role's requirements.