Who We Are
Our romantic relationship with our partner is one of the most important parts of our lives, but building and maintaining a happy relationship over time can be challenging. We want to make that easier.
Our core belief at Paired is that love is something we practice, each and every day, and we believe there’s an opportunity to help couples do this via a fun, effective, and affordable mobile app.
We launched our app in October 2020 and have won several awards since then, including being named one of Google’s Best Apps of 2020 and Apple App of the Day in January 2023. Our app is now used by more than 250,000 people a day and we’re the #1 player in the relationship management category.
About The Role
Are you a digital illustrator who is passionate about exploring branded worlds? Do you have an adaptable illustration skill set? Do you want to be a part of a dynamic, growing Brand Marketing team and help take our brand to the next level? This role is for you! We’re looking for an exceptional Brand Illustrator to join us and help us grow and engage our audience at Paired.
In this role, you’ll be working with the Brand Design Lead to produce on-brand illustrations across the Paired customer journey. The primary focus of this role will be to work within existing brand guidelines to create innovative illustrations for brand marketing (including social, email, and our website) as well for use in the Paired app. You’ll be working across the company to support teams, create bespoke illustrations, and help us grow and maintain our illustration style guide.
This is a fantastic opportunity to have an immediate impact in a growing start up and help form the development of the Paired brand.
What Your Role Encompasses
- Create high-quality, original digital illustrations that align with Paired’s unique style guide and brand identity
- Align on visual look and feel with main stakeholders in Marketing and Product
- Work with colleagues to develop illustrations for our app, social media, email campaigns, and more
- Build and maintain an illustration library to assure all illustrations remain on-brand and cover a wide range of business needs
- Proven track record of illustration development in close partnership with Marketing and Product teams, showcasing the ability to maintain brand consistency
- Familiarity with Graphic Design and UI/UX design principles, and the ability to create illustrations with animation in mind
- Strong vector-based illustration skills, using Adobe Illustrator (experience in Figma is a bonus!)
- Strong understanding of composition, colour theory, and visual storytelling
- A strong collaborative mindset, actively seeking feedback on your work
- A valid UK or European working permit or passport (with no sponsorship requirements)
- Yearly salary between £45-49K (role is available in other European markets, the salary will be slightly adjusted to the cost of living in your country)
- Significant stock options
- Fully remote work setup from any European country within ±1 hour of London time
- 3x company offsites every year (e.g. in Malaga, Florence, Lisbon...)
- Subsidised co-working space
- 25 days annual leave (+public holidays)
- Yearly learning budget of £1,000 / €1,150
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Opportunity to help millions of people with their relationship
- Application Review - We’ll review your application as soon as possible to assess your qualifications, experience, and motivation
- Initial Call - Jacqui Lee (Brand Design Lead), who would be your team lead, will reach out to have a conversation with you about your background and the role
- Task - We’ll send you a task to complete at home to assess your illustration skills
- Team Interviews - The final step involves interviews with different team members you would be working with on a day-to-day basis
Diversity & Inclusion at Paired
- Our core value is championing relationships. Our app was built to serve all couples regardless of culture, gender, sexual orientation, and ethnicity
- We strive to create an inclusive environment where unique perspectives are encouraged, as we firmly believe that diversity enhances our company, culture and product
- We regularly review our hiring processes, materials and pipeline to ensure they are accessible and free of bias, offering equal opportunity to underrepresented groups. We are also always learning. We maintain open minds and welcome feedback on how we can improve, no matter where it comes from