Intend, Inc aims to improve healthy food access and promote healthier lifestyles by making nutritious, affordable, and delicious food options accessible through a benefits platform for low-income families and those with chronic conditions. Our platform provides subsidized medically tailored meals and healthy grocery delivery at reduced costs, or even free, through partnerships with insurance companies, governments, universities, non-profits, and employers.
As a Community Outreach Coordinator with CalAssist the primary responsibility is to engage community members at various enrollment events throughout Orange County and help qualify and enroll them into health benefits offered to them through their Medi-Cal health plan. This role will spend the majority of their time engaging with the community in the field and at events in their designated area
- Increase community awareness of available benefits through direct personal interactions.
- Assist community members with the enrollment tool to determine their eligibility and the types of benefits available to them and their families in their community.
- Provide exceptional Community support by handling all questions and concerns with the utmost professionalism, courtesy, and empathy.
- Minimum of 2 Community / Field prospecting events per day.
- Record and maintain all community information accurately and promptly follow.
- Comply with all company confidentiality guidelines.
- Participate in training sessions on Community involvement, relations, and up-to-date knowledge of products and services.
- Must be able to work in a sitting position, use a computer and answer telephone.
- Must be able to stand or be outdoors for extended periods of time during events such as resource fairs.
- Light physical effort (lift up to 10 lbs.).
- This position requires local travel (within 50-mile radius) at least 80% of the time
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Bilingual English/Spanish, English/Vietnamese, English/Korean
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in community outreach, business development, sales, Community service.
- Willingness to learn about community outreach and our efforts in making a difference.
- Ability to easily build rapport with communities by utilizing active listening and interpersonal skills.
- Strong desire to continuously learn and develop professional skills.
- Team-oriented individual with the ability to problem-solve independently
- Some weekend events
- Physically located in/around Orange County, CA.
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement
- Unlimited PTO
- Company hardware and software
- Fuel allowance
- Remote first! Work from anywhere in Orange County CA