Our romantic relationship with our partner is one of the most important parts of our lives, but building and maintaining a happy relationship over time can be challenging. We want to make that easier.
Our core belief at Paired is that love is something we practise, each and every day, and we believe there’s an opportunity to help couples do this via a fun, effective, and affordable mobile app.
We launched our app in October 2020 and have won several awards since then, including being named one of Google’s Best Apps of 2020 and Apple App of the Day in January 2023. Our app is now used by more than 250,000 people a day and we’re the #1 player in the relationship management category.
We are looking for an experienced React Native developer to join our Engagement and Growth squad and help us become a must-have companion for millions of couples at every stage of their relationship.
Our Engagement and Growth squad is at the forefront of keeping couples active in the app and expanding our user base. In this role, you'll be integral to innovating and refining core features in our platform's daily activity and retention, like the Timeline, user streaks, and the subscription management system.
You will be working cross-functionally and draw critical technical conclusions by working together with other engineers, designers, product managers, and QA.
What you’ll be doing
- Architect, design and develop new features in our product pipeline by contributing to our mobile application written in React Native
- Work closely with the product and design team to plan and deliver our product strategy
- Lead projects from inception to launch, managing proposal, discussion and execution phases.
- Help shape the engineering culture and technical best practices of the team.
What you’ll bring to the team
- Skilled in mobile development with React Native, and ideally Android or iOS
- Solid grasp of software architecture, caching, animations, and RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of Redux, React Navigation, Firebase, Reanimated, Gesture Handler, and React Native Skia is a plus
- Experience with the complexities of a widely used large-scale app
- Team-oriented with a knack for pair programming
- Effective communication skills for discussing product and technical concepts
- Self-driven with a practical mindset to accomplish tasks
- Fluent in English
- Eligible to work in the UK or Europe without visa sponsorship
- Application Review - We’ll review your application as soon as possible to assess your qualifications, experience, and motivation
- Initial call with the Engagement squad Engineering Manager to understand what you’re looking for in your next role and explain what Paired can offer (30 min)
- Technical interview (around 2 hours): Pair programming (1h) + Engineering best practices and systems design (1h)
- Team Interviews - The final step involves interviews with our CTO and different team members you would be working with on a day-to-day basis (1.5h)
What we offer
- Yearly salary between £80-88K (role is available in other European markets, the salary will be slightly adjusted to the cost of living in your country)
- Significant stock options
- Fully remote work setup from any European country within ±2 hour of London time
- 3x company offsites every year (e.g. in Malaga, Florence, Lisbon...)
- Subsidised co-working space
- 25 days annual leave (+public holidays)
- Yearly learning budget of £1,000 / €1,150
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Opportunity to help millions of people with their relationship
Diversity & Inclusion at Paired
- Our core value is championing relationships. Our app was built to serve all couples regardless of culture, gender, sexual orientation, and ethnicity
- We strive to create an inclusive environment where unique perspectives are encouraged, as we firmly believe that diversity enhances our company, culture and product
- We regularly review our hiring processes, materials and pipeline to ensure they are accessible and free of bias, offering equal opportunity to underrepresented groups. We are also always learning. We maintain open minds and welcome feedback on how we can improve, no matter where it comes from