CSC Generation Holdings family of brands is an Altos Ventures backed technology company that is saving retail by acquiring store and catalog-based retailers, and transforming them into high performing, “digital first” brands. In just seven years, we’ve acquired and turned around brands including: Sur La Table, Direct Buy, One Kings Lane, Touch of Modern, and Cherry Man saving thousands of jobs.
As a Python Developer, you'll be responsible for developing and maintaining the data services which support our online and physical businesses. Our data cloud spans over 100 different topics, ranging from finance and accounting, to customer data analytics, to warehouse operations. You'll contribute to the data cloud and its tie-ins to our various retailers via microservices and scheduled tasks.
What you get to do every day:
- Work with business to map from their world to our shared protocols
- Design and implement microservices in Python, on AWS, using Lambda and Django
- Build monitoring, data quality, and data lifecycle apps for our pipelines and services
- Publish APIs, SDKs, and CLIs on top of each service to support network effects
- Map data from formats vendors use to standard formats our shared systems use
What you bring to the role:
- 3+ years of application development experience using modern web technologies
- Strong experience in Python and Web services
- Read and write basic SQL queries for the most common database systems (Oracle, MySQL, Postgres, SQL Server)
- Experienced in writing ETLs and data pipelines
- Comfortable with modern release and deployment practices (CICD)
- Experienced in working on Linux systems (Basic Bash and Zsh)
- Data warehouse/analytics application experience (Schema design, loads, extracts)
CSC Generation Holdings family of brands provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, state or local laws.
CSC Generation Holdings family of brands is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact [email protected]