Vaayu is on a mission to decarbonize retail by helping brands (from fashion and beauty to consumer goods, health and beyond) to track, cut and credibly communicate their climate impact in real time. Our science-based platform provides granular, automated and accurate carbon calculations, powered by over 600,000 activity-based data points that make it easy for brands to understand their emissions and take action throughout the value chain to meet their reduction targets. We believe in the power of technology as a force for good and are looking for game-changers from across Europe (or equivalent time zones) who share our vision of helping retailers reduce 1 gigaton of emissions by 2030. If you want to work at a purpose-driven startup and be part of a team defining state-of-the-art technology that drives down carbon emissions at scale, we'd love to hear from you.
- Environmental. The Earth is our protagonist. Protecting it is at the center of everything we do.
- Collaborative. Climate change affects us all. By working collaboratively we know we can make a difference within retail, and beyond.
- Honest. Our voice is informative and authentic. We want to share what we are working on, be open about the challenges, and build an ecosystem that creates change.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Full Stack Software Engineer to play a pivotal role in the development of our carbon software, used by our online retail customers to help them measure, monitor and reduce their environmental carbon footprint.
By joining Vaayu you will be part of a fast-growing start-up and have the opportunity to help shape everything that comes next. This role is perfect for those eager to develop complex, user-focused web applications within a service-oriented architecture, adept at handling extensive requests with a strong emphasis on frontend technologies, especially React. We value entrepreneurial-minded people, who always think ‘customer first’.
Please note that this is a fully remote job position. We do not support relocation or visa sponsorship.
What this looks like (Responsibilities):
- Design, develop, and enhance interactive, visually attractive and user-centric web applications using modern frontend frameworks, with a primary focus on React.
- Implement straightforward backend solutions that allow our frontend applications to connect to the broader ecosystem
- Collaborate closely with the team to create modular, scalable, and maintainable codebases, ensuring our applications are ready to handle increasing data volumes and complexity
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvements, proposing and executing enhancements that boost efficiency, system reliability and overall user experience
- Take full ownership of full-stack web application projects from conception through deployment, including significant contributions to frontend development and UI design.
Who we are looking for (qualifications)
- 3+ years of experience in full-stack web development
- Experience in backend development, particularly with Golang, nodejs, Python is highly valued
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and master new technologies, with a keen interest in both frontend and backend development
- Familiarity with our technology stack is a big plus. We currently use the following:
- Databases: Postgresql (Cloud SQL), Redis, Neo4j
- Infrastructure: Google Cloud Platform, Google Kubernetes Engine, Docker
- Other key technologies: Kafka, JSON REST APIs, React
- Some experience in cloud-based DevOps practices like deployment, monitoring, logging is also a big plus
- Enjoy working collaboratively within a team, as well as autonomously
- A proactive passion for solving climate change
- Fluency in English, with excellent communication skills
Vaayu Provides the Opportunity To:
- Work at a mission-driven start-up with sustainability experts
- Receive equity in a fast-growing business with an exciting journey ahead
- Full remote work from anywhere in Europe
- Collaborate with a diverse, open-minded and international team
- Grow and develop within an expanding team of entrepreneurial experts
- Join our bi-annually offsite where we come together in a European destination
- Enjoy 26 days paid leave with an additional day for every year of employment (up to 30 days)
- Opt-in to pension and health policies available within your region of work
Vaayu is an equal opportunity employer. We do not believe in discrimination of any kind, and are proud to have an international team from over 17 different countries. We nurture an inclusive and collaborative environment for all, and are committed to reflecting a diverse range of backgrounds, experience and thinking.