The last two decades have seen an explosion in new payment services - from digital wallets, mobile payments, and open banking, to Buy Now Pay Later and crypto. Great for consumers! But, incredibly complex for merchants and developers. That’s where Primer comes in.
Primer is the world's first automation platform for payments. With Primer, merchants and developers have all the underlying infrastructure and "lego blocks" they need to build the best buying experiences for their customers. Any developer can build a connection on Primer; merchants then simply 'click and connect' to the services they need to build their desired payment flows within their Primer dashboard.
Since starting in January 2020, we've raised funding from top tier investors including Accel, Balderton and Iconiq. Our all-star team from across the world of payments and fintech includes ex Braintree-PayPal, Stripe, Checkout, Tink, Recurly, TrueLayer, Paddle, Plaid, Kount and more - come and join us!
What will the role involve?
- Design, build and improvement of our web SDK
- Work with leadership to implement internal engineering frameworks and processes
- Making decisions on technology and tooling, building for scale and reach
- Innovate and bring ideas to the table
- Creating first-class documentation for both merchants and internal teams
- Conducting code reviews and mentoring juniors in future as we grow the team
- Working closely with a cross-functional team of front end engineers, back end engineers, mobile engineers, designers and product
What are we looking for?
- Extensive experience in designing and building web SDK's
- Experience working with React and TypeScript with an understanding of what is going on 'under the hood'
- A passion for building a fantastic internal 'Developer Experience' - i.e. writing clear documentation, automating testing etc.
- Engineering for performance, optimisation and conversion
- Passion for maintainable, performant, well-tested and resilient code
- Excellent communication skills, able to collaborate in a cross-functional team and work with leadership
- Curiosity and interest to learn!
- Our engineering teams work fully remotely across Europe (for now!) and operate within local timezones - if you are not based in Europe but would still like to apply please let us know in your application
- Unfortunately we are unable to offer VISA sponsorships or relocation packages at this time
The way we work is different at Primer
Our culture is about removing the roadblocks to doing your best work. We focus on taking initiative, letting the best ideas win, and valuing output over anything else.
Underpinning all of this is our 'trust by default'. You’ll work remotely, wherever works best for you, have unlimited coworking access, unlimited time off, no company spending approvals, regular whole company retreats, team workations, and open access to people across the company.
We find the best thinking and work come from removing limiting assumptions. So, one of our favourite approaches to solving problems is simply: If anything is possible, then what will you do?
🌍 100% remote working - work from anywhere you like, however you like
📈 Competitive share options
✈️ Uncapped holiday, with 25 days minimum to be taken
🗣 Co-working space access
🥳 Team socials - quarterly workations, annual company retreats and virtual events
🖥 Any device of your choosing
🪴 Additional £500 towards your home office setup
🧠 Unlimited learning budget
🩺 Medical insurance via SafetyWings
Location-specific benefits - pension, 401k, health insurance etc.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and under-represented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles
Primer provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, colour, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.