Nov 21, 2023 - Sierra7, Inc. is hiring a remote Test Engineer - Automation. 📍Location: USA.
Who We Are
In today’s business environment, in trying to reach optimal success, unexpected obstacles and hurdles often present themselves that slow down operations, lower productivity and ultimately decrease advancement. At Sierra7, our expertise resides in partnering with clients nationwide to develop a targeted plan of managed solutions to assist in the enhancement of their results. We firmly believe in offering company specific assistance that’s flexible, yet also precisely planned and perfectly executed. Overall, with our continual investment in your core competencies using our proven methodologies and useful service tools, your business will be able to achieve a high ROI while never detracting from primary objectives, thus capitalizing in ultimate success.
As a proud Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business, our support similar businesses is unmatched. Sierra7 proudly supports our men and women in uniform through the following organizations:
•Armed Forces Foundation
•Wounded Warrior Foundation
•Semper Fi Fund
Sierra7 is a recognized leader for providing value added business solutions through hands-on managed consulting in the most important areas. From expert technical advancement to superior management assistance in various disciplines, we offer companies a greater opportunity of growth and profitability through proven effective measures. With us, our carefully assembled team of professionals have the experience and background knowledge to understand what really drives success in a business. With our comprehensive understanding of today’s advanced methodologies coupled with the traditional standards business operations, we help address common complexities while delivering direct results.
Sierra7 is seeking an Automation Test Engineer to join a team providing full DEVOPS lifecycle support and services to the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). This program will consolidate, reengineer, and sustain a suite of Veteran-facing processes. The qualified candidate will be a qualified test engineer with at least 5 years of experience creating tests and test software to verify system operation and security and must have at least 2 years of test case automation and Selenium experience. The candidate will be responsible for understanding how to properly document test cases and create effective test plans; creating practical demonstrations of proposed solutions; define clear goals for all aspects of a product test and develop steps for proper execution.
The candidate must have experience in the coordination and execution of test events in accordance with approved test plans, procedures, and scripts. Must have knowledge and skills to ensure that test environments are set up accurately. Must be able to create test reports. The automation test engineer must be able to test IT hardware, software, systems, and networks.
• Responsible for project test activities in a test-driven development environment.
• Define test parameters and data, design tests, interpret test results and analyze test trends
• Must have experience writing and executing test cases, scripts, and procedures for new and previously released functionality
• Review, define and write acceptance criteria for user stories ensuring each are testable. Link test cases in the supplied tool suite with user stories and test results
• Knowledge of testing methods– smoke, manual, functional, automated, accessibility, system, performance, interoperability, regression, negative, security, and user acceptance testing
• Work with developers and web designers to create test scenarios and test data
• Experience with 508 compliance tools
• Attend meetings via phone and screen-sharing and work efficiently in remote setting
• Work with the team to make each increment of functionality ready for release
• Document testing activities and all testing activities using best practices to maintain traceability using JIRA or similar tools
• Interface with project stakeholders, including end users, business, VA organizations, vendors, and service partners
Required Skills and Experience:
• Demonstrated success as an automation test engineer
• Self-starter capable of working with a blended team of system and network administrators to provide testing support
• Experience in Automation testing utilizing Selenium, Katalon, and other codeless automation tools
o Experience testing databases, 508 compliance, REST API, and Mobile App
• Familiarity with Jenkins, Maven, Nexus Repository, Docker, Kubernetes, GitHub. Ansible/Puppet, Fortify, SonarQube, PMD
• Familiarity with functional testing using Job Control Language (JCL) jobs to validate batch system and utilize Customer Information Control System (CICS) screens to manually test online transactions.
• Work with developers, end users and organizations to create test plans and test scripts
• Automated testing experience with various test tools including but not limited to Agile Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools - Atlassian’s Jira, XRAY, GitHub, Selenium, Appium, Salesforce
• Coordinate with test lead to plan test events.
• Track problems and reports on errors that are identified
• Have experience on IT products, operating systems, software, hardware, systems and networks and specialized environments such as AWS/Azure
• Manage the defect database
• Strong interpersonal and client-facing skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electronics engineering, or other engineering or technical discipline is required. (8 years’ experience may be substituted for education)
• 2+ years of test case automation experience
• Must have Selenium experience
• Experience working in VA or other Government agency [desired]
• Ability to obtain a Government security clearance
This is a full-time remote position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans Disabled
Proxify • Discover better-paying remote jobs like never before.
Multiple opportunities. Upskilling programs, 1-1 coaching and more.
|🇺🇸||Be aware of the location restriction for this remote position: USA Only|
|‼||Beware of scams! When applying for jobs, you should NEVER have to pay anything. Learn more.️|