The Quality Engineer is a professional with at least 3 years of experience in software testing, specializing in startups within the tech industry. This individual is talented in problem-solving, seeks coding excellence, ensures comprehensive testing, and adopts scalable software solutions.
Who We Are
- We are an early-stage startup focused on building automation of Asset Management (ITAM) for B2B clients within the physical, digital, and organizational automation space.
- We are a remote-first, geographically-distributed team open to candidates from around the world.
- We are committed to transparency, openness, and supporting each other to build great things.
- We approach our products with genuine curiosity and recognize that innovative tech solutions pair best with high-performance, engaged teams.
- We offer great benefits, including a 100% remote work environment, flexible schedules, and ongoing growth opportunities.
- Proven expertise in startup environments within the tech sector.
- Strong understanding of testing paradigms, frameworks, and methods.
- Good analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Communication skills and an ability to collaborate cross-functionally.
- Must be located in time zones between UTC-8 and UTC+3
- Solid track record of over 3 years demonstrating mastery of scalable testing of production applications.
- Proven experience utilizing QA/QC management reporting tools, such as Zephyr or XRay.
- Expertise in automating test cases using BDD tools, such as Cucumber.
- Good understanding of SQL relational databases like PostgreSQL or MySQL.
- Demonstrated proficiency in testing RPC and REST APIs.
- Understanding of Git and branching models for collaborating with team members.
- Possesses Quality Assurance certifications, such as CSTE, CSQA, or ISTQB.
- Hands-on experience working with ephemeral cloud environments.
- Familiarity with Identity Providers, Active Directory, and LDAP.
- Enhanced skills with other programming languages for testing, like Python, C++, Rust, Node.js, or Go, are highly valued.
- A comprehensive grasp of network connectivity, traffic encryption, authentication protocols, proxy, firewall, VPN, and SSH tunnels.
- Consistently write test cases that are easily understood by other quality engineers and account for edge cases and errors.
- Understand the testing pyramid and write unit tests in accordance with it, as well as higher-level tests with help from more senior engineers. Always test expected edge cases and errors as well as the happy path.
- Understand a portion of the team's domain and gain sufficient context to work productively. Design functions that are aligned with the overall testing architecture. Use a systematic approach to debug issues located within a single service.
- Before beginning work, ensure that tasks are appropriately sized for continuous integration and incremental delivery with help from teammates and the manager.
- Usually communicate effectively, clearly, concisely, and in an audience-oriented way in written and verbal form, both technical and non-technical subjects, to your teammates. Actively listen to others and ensure they are understood. Pay attention to nonverbal communication.
- Understand your work domain, share knowledge frequently with your teammates, and contribute to your team's documentation. Watches out for opportunities to share knowledge.
- When requested, help your teammates overcome obstacles, resolve blockers, and complete work tasks. Give or share credit where due.
- Seek out mentorship to grow your own experience. Sometimes mentor your teammates in an open, respectful, flexible, and empathetic manner.
- Competitive salary
- Work from anywhere - we are 100% remote
- Unlimited PTO (vacation, time to recharge, US or local holidays)
- Flexible working hours with 4 hours overlapping in US Eastern time
- Opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies while contributing to impactful projects
- Collaborative, innovative, and supportive work culture
- Chance to be mentored by a team of talented engineers
- Professional growth and development opportunities
We are committed to providing a simplified, transparent, and streamlined hiring experience. You may expect the following stages:
- Technical assessment and code challenge
- Meeting with your future Engineering Manager
- Technical interview with the technical leadership
- Cultural fit interview with the CTO
- Get a job offer, sign contracts, and define your start date.
- Welcome aboard!
We are a fully remote, distributed team. However, we are not currently able to provide visa sponsorship for employment.
Upon submitting your application, you consent to receive future communications. The communication will depend on the availability of positions that align with your qualifications. Only eligible candidates will receive correspondence.
Interested in Access Genie but don't think this role is the best fit for you? View our other positions: https://accessgenie.workable.com