Title: QA Engineer
Location: UK Remote or Hybrid
About Petlab Co.
PetLab Co. is the world’s fastest-growing pet supplement business. Launching in 2018, we successfully achieved a 9-figure revenue in 2022 without any external funding. We have a loyal community of loving pet parents and over 1.5 million happy dogs whose lives have been positively impacted by our innovative products. Our team is vibrant, fast-moving, and customer-driven where high-performers are valued and rewarded. And it is the ideal place for an ambitious, hardworking, animal lover who wants to progress their career rapidly.
As the platform expands, we are looking to build out our development team to keep our customer experience world class when it comes to delivery and design. A key part in this team is our quality assurance function.
The QA Engineer will be focused on ensuring our products are of good quality. You will be bridging the gap between the customer success and the technology team. From developing testing strategies, to finding edge cases in new and current features. You will be responsible for ensuring a smooth-running QA department and ultimately customer satisfaction.
We move and think fast, so it’s important that you’re able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and are happy to roll up your sleeves to do whatever it takes to support the team in every way possible. If that sounds exciting – we would love for you to join our pack!
- Collaborate with our cross functional teams to understand the context behind what you’re testing and determine quality assurance parameters.
- Work within an Agile team for timely execution of User Stories.
- Design and execute manual and automated test cases whilst analysing results.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and cases for current products and future requirements.
- Creating details bugs reports for the development team.
- Conduct exploratory testing, uncovering defects that are not easily covered in the scope of other tests.
- Provides technical leadership and influence to the whole team, and be a champion of best practices to the more junior team members.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science or another numerate discipline, advanced degree a plus;
- 2-5 years working as a Quality Assurance engineer in an agile/scrum development process;
- Strong analytical skills, creative and critical thinking ability and problem solving skills;
- Familiarity with relevant quality assurance industry standard best practices and methodologies.
- Excellent appreciation for UI/UX design, and a dedication when it comes to the customer journey, with a user oriented perspective;
- Enthusiastic self-starter that will be able to work in a fast-paced environment, and be able to communicate and connect with team functions when required.
- Organised and proficient in tracking and managing a backlog of QA priorities.
Our technology stack:
- BrowserStack, GTmetrix, Selenium, Jenkins, Python, SQL Workbench;
- Backend PHP / MySQL / Docker;
- Frontend Next.js / React.js / TypeScript / Netlify; ● AWS Beanstalk / EC2.
- Experience working with the eCommerce domain (storefronts, e.g. Shopify) and mobile application architecture;
- Cypress automation
- Private Health Care through Vitality
- Generous Annual Leave - 28 days + public and bank holidays
- Flexible Working Hours – We focus on results and trust people to manage their time, whether working from home, while travelling, or in the office!
- Help@Hand – Employee Assistance Programme
- Royal London Pension Scheme – We offer a workplace pension scheme with one of the UK’s leading providers of group pensions. With an employer contribution of 5%!
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption Leave – because time with new family members is important!
- Puppy Therapy – working in partnership with Paws in Work to provide a boost of oxytocin twice a year.
- Generous Learning and development budget – We always want you to keep learning.
- Free breakfast, fruits and snacks – refuel and revitalise with free munchies in the office.
- Working Environment – dogs are welcome!
- Life Assurance – In the event of your death, while employed by us, your chosen beneficiaries will be provided with a tax-free lump sum equivalent of four times your basic salary.
- Gympass – All in one subscription bringing you the largest selection of gyms, studios and apps.
- Electric Vehicle Scheme – Employees sacrifice salary in return for a new electric car, typically saving 30-40% of costs through income and tax and national insurance.
- Give Back Day – An extra day off in the year to volunteer plus a £50 contribution to your chosen charity.
- Health Cash Benefit – We offer the bronze package with enables you to claim a certain amount of cashback when you pay for something that is health related, i.e dental.
Petlab Co is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage all applications irrespective of gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, nationality, marital status, and disability. We believe that diversity is at the heart of innovation and we welcome passionate candidates from all backgrounds. Come join the family and see for yourself!