Consensus is a top place to work due to the incredible culture our employees have created. We strive to provide an opportunity to work with a great team with a compelling product with the objective that adding value in your work life fuels the rest of your life. We know that a winning company is built on the efforts of its people, and that’s an environment we foster at Consensus. We encourage every employee to bring their authentic self to work and take ownership of their position and their career. We strive to give our employees everything they need to make meaningful contributions to the overall success of our company. We’re looking for go-getters that are excited to thrive in a company going through an exciting growth phase!
We are a fast-growing SaaS company based in the United States. We are changing the way the world buys enterprise software. We do this by providing intelligent demo automation software that helps you scale Presales. How does this work?
We believe buying enterprise software should be simple, pleasant, and fast instead of complex, painful, and slow (which is how it is today). Buyers now want instant access to presales (sales engineering) resources throughout the buying experience but they find it harder and harder to get what they need. Using Consensus, a sales engineering team builds a library of reusable interactive video demos that Sales sends out on-demand. Consensus automatically personalizes the experience and tracks engagement as the prospect shares the demo with other stakeholders in the buying group, bringing the entire buying group to live demos better educated and ready to talk specifics.
This not only reduces unqualified demos to near zero and can double the presales team’s productivity, it also removes the "demo lag time" for prospects and shortens the sales cycle by as much as 68%.
Our values are extremely important to us and we hope that they mean something to you too. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We hope you can help us continue to grow without having to be perfect, but willing to put your name on something knowing it is a “version one”. Everyone here takes total ownership and accountability, because owning our outcomes means making a real contribution. We also believe in a “no peacemongering” principle. We know our path to success is hard and we don’t hesitate to ask hard things of others. We are respectfully confrontational to one another and ask direct accountability questions.
About the Role:
If you are a top-notch automation engineer that loves solving tough technical problems while working with passionate, driven people, then this position might be a good fit for you. This position will be responsible for helping Consensus keep high quality standards, through automation and testing, while we meet aggressive scale and platform growth.
What You'll Do:
- Aid the team in building important integration and end-to-end automated tests
- Enhance existing test coverage to strengthen our ability to detect issues earlier in the process
- Work with the team to solicit and help document the acceptance criteria for user stories
- Build test plans that balance test automation with manual verification
- Coordinate testing efforts with manual QA personnel
- Use your expertise in testing web and mobile applications to ensure software is deployed to production at the highest possible quality level
- Identify and report issues in our issue tracking system
- Manage and document test cases
- Help the team elevate their ability to deliver quality software
- Aid in the process to address critical issues by helping to build tests to expose and address bugs
- Perform smoke testing and release regression testing as needed
- Work with DevOps to ensure automated tests run early and often
What We’re Looking For:
- 2+ years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
- Experience writing test automation for web applications
- Strong knowledge of quality assurance methodologies, test planning, and testing practices in an agile environment
- Experience writing Selenium tests
- Experience with JUnit or other equivalent testing frameworks
- Good communication skills, a strong work ethic, and a commitment to holding yourself and your team accountable
- Good understanding of CSS, HTML and the DOM
- Strong skills and experience testing APIs
At Consensus, You'll Get:
- Social benefits budget that you can spend on the benefits that really work for you
- WFH budget to help you set up a comfortable working station at home
- Company provided best-in-class equipment (we give you the budget and you choose the equipment you want to work with)
- Fully-paid parental leave to prioritize your family
- Flexible, friendly and fully remote work environment
- Every third Friday of the month is off for the whole company
- Professional Development program
- Team buildings and gatherings