Virtualitics, Inc. is an advanced analytics company that helps enterprises and governments make smarter business decisions faster with ready-to-use AI that can be understood–by analysts and business leaders alike. Our AI platform allows organizations to rapidly process complex data into powerful multi-dimensional graph visualizations and predict future business outcomes with clear, explainable, no-code AI modeling. Virtualitics puts AI into use across the enterprise with enhanced analytics that is easily integrated into the flow of work. Our patented technology is based on over 11 years of research at the California Institute of Technology and NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory.
The platform has been deployed across Department of Defense agencies, Federal Civilian agencies, and Fortune 500 companies. We're proud to have been recently named as one of the Air Force's "big bets" on emerging technology and Built In's top companies to work for in 2022!
Our fast-growing team seeks a skilled, motivated, and reliable Technical Product Manager to help grow our company.
What you'll do:
The Technical Product Manager (TPM) oversees the internal development of a customer-focused product at Virtualitics. This role ensures that our critical resources are utilized within the constructs of our business model to reduce overhead for technical staff by implementing tools to monitor performance over time. As the product owner, this person will work closely with the internal teams across AI, Customer Success, Product, Engineering, QA, and DevSecOps, ensuring that the company's SaaS products meet customer needs, align with the overall business strategy, and are technically feasible to build and maintain.
- Product Vision and Strategy: The TPM collaborates with the product management team to define the product vision and strategy. They deeply understand customer requirements, market trends, and the competitive landscape to guide the development of SaaS products that address customer pain points and provide unique value. The TPM creates a comprehensive product roadmap with stakeholders, including AI, engineering, and customer success. They prioritize features and enhancements based on market demand, technical feasibility, and business impact.
- Technical Requirements and Specifications: TPMs translate product requirements into detailed technical specifications that engineers can understand and implement. They work closely with development teams to define user stories, acceptance criteria, and technical constraints. TPMs are crucial in sprint planning, stand-ups, and backlog management in an Agile development environment. They collaborate with engineering teams to ensure efficient and timely delivery of product features.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: The role of a TPM involves cross-functional solid collaboration. They work closely with AI, design, engineering, and quality assurance teams to ensure the product is built with a user-centric approach and meets high-quality standards.
- Technical Expertise: TPMs need a solid technical background, an understanding of the SaaS architecture and infrastructure, and Artificial Intelligence. This knowledge allows them to make informed decisions, communicate effectively with the engineering team, and address technical challenges. TPMs collaborate with UX designers and Customer Success to ensure the product's user interface and experience align with customer needs and expectations. They advocate for user-centric design principles and contribute to creating a seamless and intuitive user experience. TPMs are responsible for coordinating product releases and updates. They communicate with internal teams and customers about new features, enhancements, and bug fixes, ensuring a smooth rollout.
Technical Product Managers (TPMs) require a strong foundation in technical skills to effectively collaborate with engineering teams and make informed decisions throughout the product development lifecycle.
- Software Development: TPMs should understand software development principles, methodologies, and practices well. Familiarity with programming languages, development frameworks, and version control systems helps them communicate effectively with engineers and comprehend technical challenges. A solid grasp of product architecture and system design enables TPMs to make informed decisions about product scalability, maintainability, and technical feasibility.
- AI and Data Analysis: TPMs need to be comfortable with Artificial Intelligence in the context of data analysis to extract insights from product analytics and customer feedback. Analyzing data helps them make data-driven decisions and prioritize features based on customer needs.
- APIs and Integration: Understanding Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and how to integrate third-party services into the product is crucial for developing a well-connected and feature-rich SaaS product.
- User Experience (UX) Design: TPMs should know UX principles and practices. This enables them to collaborate effectively with UX designers to create a user-friendly product.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- Host recurring meetings with technical teams to maintain clear communication
- Manage JIRA boards to drive the technical work for the project
- Scope adjustments based on contract milestones and deliverables
- Monitor resource allocation across multiple projects
- Lead ranking boards for ad hoc requirements to obtain joint approval
- Integrate project milestones into larger product release life cycles
- Creating technical documentation, including product specifications, user stories, and technical requirements, including API's
- Ensure that the product complies with relevant laws and protects customer data
Education and Experience
- Agile Scrum
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a relevant field such as computer science, software engineering, information technology, or a related technical discipline.
- Project Management experience with tools like Jira, Trello, or Asana
- Basic understanding of QA processes and testing methodologies
- Familiar with cloud computing platforms like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
- 5+ years of leadership experience as a PM in a SaaS environment
- 10+ years of experience in the SaaS or technology industry
What We Offer You
We are a team of ambitious individuals passionate about creating a revolutionary software company. At Virtualitics, you will have a significant career development opportunity and a chance to contribute to one of the fastest-growing startups in Southern California. Our benefits include highly competitive pay, equity, fully paid health/vision/dental insurance for you + your dependents, and unlimited PTO.
Virtualitics is committed to building a company where everyone can bring their full impact and reach their fullest potential. Our mission is to build a diverse and inclusive environment where talented people of all cultures, ages, perspectives, opinions, education, backgrounds, races, gender identity, religions, orientations, abilities, and beliefs can grow and thrive with Virtualitics.