Circle is building the world’s leading all-in-one platform for online communities. We make it possible for creators, coaches, educators, and businesses to bring together their audience with engaging discussions, live streams, events, chat, courses, and payments — all in one place, all under their own brand.
We’re proud to be a fully remote company of around 120 (and growing!) team members from 30+ countries around the world. We strive to find exceptional talent, empower them to do their best work, and in turn, have a meaningful impact in their own lives. We don’t track hours, but we manage for outcomes in an a-synchronous culture.
Twice a year, we bring the whole company together for incredible company retreats in beautiful places around the world!
About the role
We’re looking for a demand generation manager to grow MRR by building out our mid-market sales-led funnel.
Reporting to the Demand Generation Lead, and working closely with the marketing and sales teams, you’ll craft and execute inbound and outbound marketing programs, define the “buyer journey,” and drive pipeline that close-wins at a predictable rate.
Marketing is a team sport at Circle—you’ll be a key member of the team and will be driven by its greater success. You’ll contribute to this success by taking full ownership of mid-market demand and acting as a strategic partner to sales as leads progress through the funnel.
It’s important that you have a bias for action, are highly organized, have a keen attention to detail, are deeply curious, and enjoy a lot of collaboration. In other words, you thrive in an action-oriented and results-driven environment.
This role has core hours of 10:00am to 2:00pm Eastern time, Monday to Friday. So, we prefer candidates in North or South America.
What you'll be doing
- Owning typical demand generation metrics. You’ll focus on improving pipeline and MRR, as well as metrics that influence them.
- Optimizing sales funnel efficiency. Specifically, working with sales and revenue operations to improve the user experience from requesting a demo to being closed-won.
- Building always-on campaigns from scratch. You’ll build out, validate, and scale new awareness and acquisition channels.
- Go-to-market team collaboration. You’ll regularly work with sales, marketing, and revenue operations to keep on top of metrics and continually improve them. You’ll also be deeply involved in feature launches, bringing new value propositions to the mid-market segment of our ICP.
- Owning budget. You’ll help optimize marketing spend and support the demand generation lead in reporting bi-weekly to members of the leadership team.
What you'll need to be successful
- You own numbers. This could include pipeline, MRR, MRR-per-MQL, or something similar.
- Experience in a similar role. You likely have “demand generation,” “growth marketing,” or something similar in your job title. Ideally, for at least three years while targeting mid-market businesses at a startup.
- You understand marketing strategy as a whole. You might be deeply knowledgeable about certain channels, but you’re a generalist as opposed to a specialist.
- You concentrate on inbound. The vast majority of Circle’s pipeline and revenue are sourced through inbound marketing.
- You focus on long-term strategies. There’s a time and a place for quick wins, but you love creating sustainable processes and structures.
- You have knowledge of SaaS sales funnels. You know which metrics impact others, can report on performance, and extract insights that marketing and sales can use.
- You can jump into platforms, if need be. You know how to navigate a CRM and troubleshoot a demo booking tool.
The fun stuff
Fully remote: work from anywhere in the world!
Autonomy and trust to do your job: we care about outcomes over everything else.
Paid time away: all employees are given 35 days of PTO annually.
Generous U.S. benchmarked compensation and startup equity no matter where you are in the world.*
Awesome medical coverage with 100% coverage for you and your family, or medical reimbursement options where applicable!*
Home office stipend to help you get up and running.
Learning & development stipend to help you level up your professional skills.
Annual bonus potential for roles that don't already receive variable income or commission.
Company retreats: Twice a year, the Circle team gets together for a fully paid company retreat in incredible places around the world! We’ve had past retreats in Colombia, Portugal, and Mexico, with more planned on the horizon.
Check out our Careers page for more.
*Your role, location and unique circumstance may affect this.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
As a fully-remote international company, diversity is baked into our DNA. Here’s how our CEO, Sid Yadav, frames our hiring mission: “let’s find talent in underserved and under-represented corners of the world, set them up to do the best work of their lives, and in turn, change their life.” To achieve this hiring mission, we offer competitive U.S.-benchmarked
compensation no matter where someone’s located in the world, and we proactively seek candidates who expand representation of backgrounds, cultures and lived experiences in our teams.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Circle is an equal opportunity employer and as such, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you require any accommodations during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.