I am Nimira, the Sr. Marketing Technology Manager at Customer.io
Customer.io is looking for Marketing Automation Specialist to join our Marketing Technology and Automation team.
You’ll report to the Sr. Marketing Technology Manager and work in close collaboration with Sales, Billing, and Customer Success to help them with automating their processes. Your goal is going to be to increase our operational efficiency at CIO by optimizing existing and setting up new processes. We automate wherever possible and trigger human interaction wherever it is most impactful – all that while ensuring proper data transfer between systems.
Things you’re going to do:
- Collaborate with stakeholders from the Sales, Billing, and Customer Success teams to identify processes that can be automated or optimized in a way that increases the team’s efficiency.
- Collect user requirements and design workflow logic.
- Build automations using our tech stack: Customer.io, Zapier, Salesforce, Close.io, Helpscout, Slack, Google Tag Manager, etc.
- Write documentation for existing and new workflows.
- Contribute meaningful reports and analyses.
A few examples of things you’re going to work on:
- Automate the process of creating a new record in system X after a Sales rep adds a record to system Y. At the end of the automation, notify the Sales rep via Slack that a record was successfully created in system Y.
- Build a workflow that automatically adds a support ticket to system X if the ticket was created by a user with an email address on domain .XYZ.
- Prepare a presentation about the impact of the automations you’ve built.
- Find a new tool for X that would easily integrate with existing tools and processes.
What we're looking for:
- You have 1+ years of experience in automating processes and setting up a tech stack for the Marketing, Sales, or Billing teams at B2B companies.
- You have experience working with:
- Salesforce (preferably) or any other highly customizable CRM
- cross-channel customer engagement platforms (Customer.io, Iterable, Braze, ActiveCampaign, or similar)
- marketing automation tools (Zapier, Autocode, Postman, or similar)
- billing systems (Stripe, Recurly, or similar)
- You are skilled at, or excited to learn: Liquid, HTML/CSS, Google Tag Manager, working with APIs and webhooks.
- You are consumer-centric and can view your work through the lens of different audiences to optimize business workflows.
- You enjoy solving problems independently but aren’t afraid to ask for help or collaboration when you need to.
- You are process-oriented and have great attention to detail yet always keep the whole picture in mind.
- Must have at least 3 hours of overlapping work time with your manager (11 am-7 pm EDT/UTC−04:00.)
Bonus points if you have experience working with most of our tech stack tools (Customer.io, Salesforce, Zapier, Helpscout, Stripe, Vitally, Slack.)
- You are curious and enjoy learning how everything works.
- You have experience working remotely and are really good at keeping things organized.
- You are self-aware and prefer a direct communication style.
- The ability to laugh at yourself, not take yourself too seriously and critical thinking are among the things you value and enjoy the most.
Bonus points if you have experience and like working in a multicultural environment.
Our mission at Customer.io is to power automated communication that people like to receive. Today over 4,000 internet businesses use Customer.io to manage, send, and track performance of email, SMS, and push notifications. Unlike typical marketing platforms, Customer.io helps businesses increase relevance by using behavioral data: what people do or don’t do when logged in to a web or mobile app.
We are offering a starting salary of $73,000 - $80,000 USD depending on experience and subject to market rate.
Benefits at Customer.io include:
- Unlimited PTO - we recommend 20 vacation days (in addition to holidays and sick days) so that you can unwind, unplug, and recharge
- 100% medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance for you and your dependents
- 12 weeks paid parental leave - for birth, adoption, or foster care
- 401k retirement matching - up to 5% dollar for dollar match to retirement contributions
- Health and wellness allowance - Up to $200 USD per month that can be used for your healthy living needs, including gym membership, acupuncture, massage, or bike repairs
- Home office stipend - Up to $2,000 USD to help you get your home office set up so you can do your best work
- Internet + cell phone reimbursement - Up to $200 USD per month for your internet and cell phone plans
- Co-working space reimbursement - Up to $300 USD per month for those times you'd prefer to work in a co-working environment
- Learning + development - Up to $2,000 USD reimbursement per year to use on conferences, books, classes, or workshops - anything that will help you develop your skills
- 1 month paid sabbatical after four years at Customer.io - to treat yourself to a vacation, or spend however you choose
- 1 annual company retreat per year and opportunities to meet in smaller groups throughout the year
- Flexible schedule, work anywhere you want! - as long as you have a reliable internet connection and some overlapping work time with your manager, you can work where and when you want
All final candidates will be asked to complete an employment and education verification authorization form (which allows us to verify your job history and education listed on your resume) as part of our pre-employment process.
Customer.io recognizes the stifling impact of systemic injustice on diverse communities. We commit to using our influence to increase inclusion and equity within the tech industry. We strive to build an inclusive team culture, implement bias-free hiring practices, and develop community partnerships to expand our global impact.
Check out our careers page for more information about why you should come work with us! We are passionate about our core values of Empathy, Transparency, Responsibility, and Awkwardness and are looking for new coworkers to share and build that passion!
How to apply
Apply at the link below by 5pm PST on June 27th and tell us why you're interested in the position! In your cover letter, be sure to tell us what your favorite automation tool is and why. There is no advantage to applying early so put your best foot forward. We plan to respond to all applicants by June 5th with a status update about your application.
Here's what you can expect from our hiring process:
- 30-minute video call with Maria Diaz, Recruiter
- 60-minute video call with Nimira Medve, Hiring Manager
- Take-Home Assignment
- Assignment Review Call with two potential team members
- Final Interview w/ Sr. Director of Marketing