Pawprint is an employee engagement platform for climate action. Our main focus is embedding sustainability across the goals and mindset of businesses and helping everyone at all levels play their part. It’s true that one person turning off a light isn’t going to solve the problem, but if large groups of people act, spend and speak in a purposeful way…big change is possible!
That being said, we recognise the scale of individual versus business’ carbon footprints, so we are actively seeking out ways to help the latter align with science-based net zero too. Currently, we deliver data back to business customers to help them make informed decisions about the direction of their operations. We have big plans to do even more in this space.
In terms of what it’s like to work at Pawprint, we’re a certified B Corp, Living Wage Employer, and 1% for the Planet member. We strive to walk the walk and act as a shining example for all stakeholders.
A note on diversity: to beat climate change, diversity of thought and experience is essential. Pawprint is dedicated to hiring great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – if your experience (life or work) has something to add, please let us know in your cover letter!
- Creating and maintaining Tone of Voice and Brand Guidelines for content managers to use across the organisation
- Creating and maintaining up to date Key Themes for content managers to work from on product, pertaining to living a lower carbon lifestyle
- Liaising with Pawprint users and partners, including our partners at Mike Berners-Lee’s Small World Consulting, to understand what type of content will be most engaging and useful
- Leading editorial strategy and management of the product to drive both manual and automated curation of content in order to maximise engagement
- Working with the wider product team in ideating and developing new product solutions to solve problems identified in OKRs
- Overseeing the management of catalogue data and content in the product to ensure it is aligned with sustainability standards
- Hands-on management of content and data where appropriate
- Line management of content managers and editors
- Actively working to reduce editorial effort and overheads, maximising the value of time spent on editorial vs. engagement
- Overseeing, defining, and implementing editorial strategies for the product in order to maximise engagement.
Product Editorial (the future you):
- Establishing and scaling a content team capable of operating asynchronously to deliver product engagement content strategies
- Establishing and operating international rollouts of our content strategy
- Line managing a team of content managers and writers, including technical writers and creative writers, all tasked with driving engagement in the product
Contributing to Customers Success
- Work with the CS team as necessary to develop client-facing materials that reflect sound sustainability knowledge and encourage maximum engagement
- Be prepared to knowledge share withe the CS team in order to keep them up to date with their understanding of sustainability issues and how these relate to their client implementations
- Identify and drive initiatives which prioritise people and the planet within the organisation, and work with people within the organisation to implement them
- Be Pawprint’s expert and spokesperson in all things sustainability
Key competencies and personal attributes:
You will have -
- Flawless writing skills and the ability to write according to the Economist’s editorial guidelines: for an intelligent 12-year-old!
- Deep understanding and first hand experience of sustainability issues, in particular in relation to corporate environments
- Demonstrable experience creating and curating compelling digital content
- Experience working in content management
- Strong project management skills and the ability to maintain order despite many competing priorities and needs
- Excellent focus and attention to detail
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Experience managing relationships that motivate all to deliver the highest quality standard, on time and on budget
- Ability to assimilate information quickly
- An eye for creative ways to present data and content
You will be -
- Excellent at making things happen quickly and efficiently
- Extremely tech-savvy
- Ambitious and interested in building a long-term career with us
- Highly collaborative and able to communicate & understand requirements and priorities across the business
Social and Environmental Responsibilities:
Pawprint is keen to ensure that all employees are socially and environmentally responsible and that management decisions are considerate of these responsibilities at all times. There needs to be a balance between the economy and the ecosystem, hence we make all decisions based on their impact in the following areas:
- Environmental - all efforts are made to undertake business in an environmentally friendly manner. For example, we have a no flight policy for domestic travel and employees have the freedom to work flexibly where possible
- Philanthropic - we will actively support our nominated charities through financial donations each month and support employees in using charitable days to volunteer for causes personal to them
- Economic - we will strive to build a strong business financially with the aim to invest further in developments that allow us to extend our reach and drive further carbon reduction globally
- Ethical - we will always consider the ethics of our business partners and suppliers, to ensure we support fair trade and fair working practices and any investments we make will be environmentally conscious
To ensure we achieve this as an organisation we will use these four areas as a checklist for all business decisions we undertake, and will share them internally with all staff so they can be fully aware of our process and policy.
- £40-45k depending on your level of experience
- 32 days holiday – and we will make you take it. Burnout is not big or clever.
- 2 additional slow travel days per year
- Additional day off on your birthday (or nearest working day)
- Limitless challenge and scope for development. You are joining us at a very exciting time and have the opportunity to take this role in your preferred direction as we grow.
- As much of our time as you need. Your professional growth is important to us.
- Flexible working where possible. We like being in the office because it should be fun. All the same if you need to leave early to make the school run, that’s no problem.
- Spending decisions based on value, not cost. We have a hugely important and urgent mission, supportive investors and a high quality team - no false economies here.
- Working on something that matters - addressing climate change is the world's biggest problem
As Content Manager, you will be responsible for all published Pawprint content. You will have authority over the selection of topics and your working methods, ensuring that company values are upheld across all content. Decisions with significant costs or the potential to impact the reputation of the company must be discussed and approved by a Line Manager, who will raise the issue with the COO if necessary.
The role can be hybrid (we have an Edinburgh office you are welcome to use) or fully remote - we want the best people, as long as you have a UK working visa. There will be in person get togethers and home working is actively supported.
The position will report directly to Senior Product Manager
There is a competitive package available. Full details to be discussed at a later stage.
For further information and an initial confidential discussion please contact Rebecca Clow on email@example.com