We’re Charlie and we exist to Make Work Better. We believe the best way to do this is by building a tool that democratises great HR for small businesses.
We’re looking for an HR Coordinator, on a 6 month FTC, to join our growing HR Advice team - and deliver an excellent service to our customers. Come on and join us to make work better!
What is an "HR Coordinator I"?
We have a career progression framework that each role sits in. Level One is a Junior HR Coordinator, Level Four is a Senior HR Coordinator, and Level Two and Level Three cover that middle area.
In this role you will:
As an HR Coordinator you’ll be responsible for:
- Producing high quality company handbooks tailored for our customers, as well as reviewing existing handbooks
- Reviewing employment contracts to ensure they are fully compliant
- Ensuring our internal pipelines for work are up-to-date, and that we’re on track to meet customer deadlines
- Liaising with customers where necessary to ensure they’re kept informed of changes and updates
- Supporting with ad-hoc customer queries around HR and employee relations
- Contributing to ongoing project work and OKRs
You must have:
- 1+ years of experience in an HR role
- An understanding of current HR best practises
- Highly organised and able to prioritise in order to meet tight deadlines
- Passionate about providing an excellent customer experience
- Strong attention to detail
- A confident communicator and you enjoy working as part of a team
- Self-awareness and humility – you know that honest feedback is how you grow, and you’re not afraid to ask for help
Let us know if you have: (all of these are desirable, but none are required)
- CIPD level 3 or 5 qualification
- Experience working within a start-up/fast growing business
- Experience of employee relations issues
- Experience working with OKRs
We will still consider applications even if you don't meet every single one of the above requirements, so don't be put off if you don't match them absolutely perfectly!
This is a fixed term full-time role. We cannot offer visa sponsorship and you must be able to work in the UK.
The Way We Work
How we're crafting ownership, belonging and structured flexibility:
- A team of 42 that genuinely enjoy spending time together, with regular in-person and remote events to foster connection
- 9 day fortnights; our adjusted work week. We have every other Friday off work and have a meeting-free Wednesday on the five-day weeks to give time for deep work
- Hybrid-first approach; we optimise for office and remote working to be valued equally, and to be equally valuable
- Live anywhere in the UK; we have 8 set days per year that we require the team to be together in our London office, but you have the flexibility to live anywhere in the UK
- 90 bookable "nomad working" days outside of the UK in any timezone each year
- No fixed working hours; you take ownership over how you get your work done
- An amazing office space in East London's pet-friendly Second Home, and membership access to their wider London, Lisbon and LA locations.
- “Exploration days” when you can work on whatever across the company
- We have review cycles 2x a year using our transparent career progression framework, and dedicated personal development time
You can find out more about the way we work at Charlie by checking out our Handbook here
- A benchmarked salary from £28,000 to £30,500 based on your level within our progression framework
- £750 yearly Work Your Way budget
- £300 yearly nomad working budget
- £30 monthly wellbeing budget
- Private Health Insurance through Vitality
- 25 days annual leave + public holidays + 2 additional days off over Christmas
- 4 bookable “Personal days” per year for when you can’t bring your full self to work
- A sabbatical of up to one month paid at 50% of salary, for every 3.5 years worked at Charlie.
- Enhanced Equal Parental Leave policy
Equal Opportunities Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe in the power of a diverse, inclusive team.
We welcome all applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of race, sex, disability, religion / belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please let us know if you require anything which would enable your success throughout our interview process.