Are you an experienced accounting manager looking for a rewarding team leadership role but are tired of the 60+ hour work weeks that often come along with an in-office position? Would you welcome the opportunity to work from home for an award-winning organization part-time during traditional daytime business hours while inspiring a remote team of experienced client-facing accountants? If so, we may have the perfect opportunity for you!
In this highly impactful, hands-on role, you will utilize your client service management expertise and accounting knowledge to drive a delightful client experience. Your extensive management experience will help continue to build Supporting Strategies’ reputation as a wonderfully unique place to work.
About Supporting Strategies
Since 2004, we have been empowering business owners by taking bookkeeping and operational support functions off their plates allowing them to focus on their core business. Supporting Strategies’ experienced professionals use our cutting-edge cloud-based platform, virtual infrastructure and proven process to deliver a full suite of outsourced services, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, bookkeeping, financial reporting, controller level services and payroll administration.
Supporting Strategies has over 100 offices throughout the U.S. and is continuing to grow rapidly! This momentum has created exceptional opportunities for accountants who enjoy managing remote teams and working closely with a variety of clients. Consider joining us for a rewarding accounting career that offers compelling professional challenges with optimal work-life balance. As our network of franchises grow, new team managers are integral to our continued success.
Why Work for Supporting Strategies?
- SOUGHT AFTER FLEXIBILITY!
- MEANINGFUL WORK/LIFE BALANCE – Our unique, virtual, work-from-home opportunities allow you to harmoniously balance your family obligations, passions, and love of ‘getting into the numbers.’
- DISTINGUISHED REPUTATION – Supporting Strategies has received the distinction of being a Top 50 Franchisee Satisfaction Award winner by Franchise Business Review for the past 4 years running. Franchise Business Review has also named Supporting Strategies as one of the Best Franchises for Women consecutively over the past 3 years.
- LEADING EDGE TECHNOLOGY – Opportunity to advance your technical skills using the latest and most innovative cloud-based platforms.
The responsibilities associated with this role are organized into areas that are very important to Supporting Strategies as an organization. We have purposely chosen the word “delight” when defining these responsibilities because it appropriately captures how passionate we are about these initiatives and we naturally hope you will share in our sentiment.
Client Delight – Building Great Client Relationships
- Provide exceptional accounting and operational service to our clients.
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of professional accounting and bookkeeping practices.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in technologies to deliver outstanding quality service.
- Oversee client onboarding process for all assigned client engagements in accordance with defined process.
- Implement our technology toolbox as applicable on all client engagements to drive efficiency and client value.
- Serve as a resource to all assigned team members for guidance on client tasks and/or resolution of client issues.
- Monitor team member performance by reviewing quality of work, adherence to protocols, timeliness of deliverables and adherence to client budgets. Provide coaching and feedback as needed.
- Build trusted advisor relationship with client executives by gaining an in-depth understanding of their business needs and objectives in order to proactively identify issues and provide solutions.
- Support clients’ evolving requirements by educating executives on Supporting Strategies’ deep and varied expertise in accounting and operational services.
Team Delight – Attracting, Managing and Retaining Effective, Happy Professionals
- Partner with members of our Talent Acquisition team and your Managing Director to manage the hiring process for remote accountants assigned to you. This will include reviewing pre-screened candidates, interviewing (, calling references) and providing timely feedback.
- Orient and train newly assigned accountants in accordance with Supporting Strategies’ standard process. Provide ongoing coaching to deliver superior outsourced accounting and operational services.
- Balance workflow by aligning client needs with accountants’ expertise and capacity in accordance with predetermined budgets. Confer with your Managing Director regarding any potential capacity issues in order to take proactive measures to ensure success.
- Review accountants’ work to ensure highest quality of service to Supporting Strategies’ clients.
- Maintain profit margin for assigned clients and team.
- Schedule and lead annual performance reviews in accordance with defined process.
Does everything you have read so far sound appealing? We hope so! If you meet the qualifications below, we would absolutely love for you to apply!
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- 10 Years of related accounting experience with 4 years of hands-on management experience including hiring, training and developing a highly engaged service-oriented team.
- Capacity and commitment to work up to Part-Time or Full-Time (30 - 40 hours a week), Monday through Friday, during traditional daytime business hours supporting clients and team members.
- Proven ability to attract, build and retain a high-performance team.
- Experience in developing strong remote team relationships based on trust, accountability, integrity, and sharing of best practices.
- Commitment to consistently follow established Supporting Strategies policies and procedures while holding team members accountable to do the same.
- Confidence in learning and embracing new technology including QuickBooks (Enterprise and Online), Bill.com, Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, HubDoc and others.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both orally and in writing.
- Commitment to maintain the highest level of confidentiality while working with client data.
As online scams are rampant, don’t fall victim to fraud. Supporting Strategies will never seek payment from you or request personal information from you prior to extending a job offer. Our interview process is always a combination of a phone and video interviews; a job offer will never be extended via online chat.
Supporting Strategies is deeply committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. A diverse workforce is not just attained but is built upon a culture of inclusion and belonging. Supporting Strategies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.