We are currently seeking a Financial Management Analyst to work on a large business application suite of applications at a cabinet level agency. The role is a hands-on position working in an Agile (Kanban) environment. The project is in O&M and has significant small-scale development. The management of the suite of applications is critical the Agency’s mission every day of the year. The Financial Management Analyst plays an essential role in several work streams as they will interface with many IT systems.
The successful candidate must have demonstrated experience working with financial management systems specifically in the General Ledger accounting, Procure to Pay, Budgeting areas. Also, experience as a federal contractor is essential. However, this role will also have a unique role of reporting data (via dashboards). The position requires solid understanding of the agency-contractor relationship as this position involves interaction with numerous federal managers and other contracting companies. Lastly, this position requires a willingness to learn new technologies to convey Financial Management Analyst data to clients (e.g., Creating Dashboards) Thus, the Financial Management Analyst needs strong communication skills and a willingness to learn new ways of conveying financial data to customers.
What you need to be considered for this role (required)
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- 8+ years analyst experience working with financial management systems specifically in the General Ledger accounting, Procure to Pay, Budgeting areas
- 4+ years working with Federal Financials
- 4+ years working with Federal ERPs such as Oracle Financials or Momentum
- Prior experience working in a government contracting environment
- Prior experience working on an Agile (Kanban Team)
- Strong technical writing skills and ability to create technical documentation
- Solid business user knowledge of SQL and using complex Excel / Access for data analysis
- Effective organizational, planning, and time management skills; ability to adapt and manage multiple priorities effectively in a fast-paced challenging environment
- Expert communication skills; ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written formats (this skill is of utmost importance to be considered for this position)
- Strong attention to detail and ability to produce high-quality accurate reports
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision under a system of discipline and accountability
- Ability and willingness to learn other processes and technologies. Our team is versed in multiple technologies. If you are open to learning, you are a good fit
- Ability to maintain the highest level of professionalism, confidentiality, and integrity while dealing directly with internal and external customers.
- U.S. citizenship or a Green card Holder
- Willingness to undergo a Public Trust background investigation
What makes you stand out from the crowd (desired)
- Master's degree or higher
- Prior experience as a Senior Analyst
- Experience with the following:
- CGI's FFS software (functional)
- Mainframe computing
- Oracle Financials
- Databases (Oracle 11c or higher - we are using 19c)
- Oracle Financials
- Microsoft Power BI
- Atlassian's Jira
- Testing web applications (i.e., running test scripts)
Ascella Technologies, Inc. (Ascella) is a minority-owned, Small Business that was founded in 2002 with the mission to deliver value-added services and technology-based solutions that generate real results for Federal agencies. Since our founding, Ascella has provided a wide range of financial management, accounting, system, data analytics, optimization, Agile, and IT support services to various Federal agencies.
Ascella is continuously growing and looking for team members that can help us continue to deliver value-added technology-based solutions. Ascella’s continued success is a reflection of our passion for people. We hire individuals with valuable experiences, and we strive to place people in roles that let them fully utilize their talents and flourish. With Ascella, “Your Success is Our Commitment”.
What makes Ascella employees great
- Innovative Thinkers: From small suggestions to large goals, employee voices are heard and acknowledged. We encourage employees to come up with creative ideas and give everyone the opportunity to help us define how we do things. You will have the opportunity to solve real business problems and be challenged to come up with innovative solutions.
- Lifelong learners: We value lifelong learners who are excited about professional development and personal growth. At Ascella, employees are part of a company and a culture that encourages continuous improvement of both the organization and our employees. You will work in a collaborative environment with an experienced, highly capable team that learns from each other, and you will be both challenged and supported in your efforts to learn and grow.
- Customer-Centric: Ascella is committed to complete customer satisfaction on every project. Our employees provide our customers with excellent service, proactively coming up with solutions to current and anticipated needs. The customer experience is an integral part of our mission and values, and you will work alongside people who are focused and dedicated to the commitment of customer satisfaction.
- Open Communicators: Transparency and communication are important to us at Ascella. We have an “open door” policy, and our employees ask questions and share information on a regular basis. We believe in aligning employee work with overall company objectives and being open about our strategic plan and what we are trying to achieve. We encourage regular feedback and appreciate employee input on what’s working and what’s not so we can initiate discussions about how to improve our processes.
- Inclusive: At Ascella, we encourage and embrace diversity in our workforce. We are committed to being an inclusive organization where all employees feel valued, respected, and engaged. Our employees have an array of talents, ideas, and experiences that help foster creativity and innovation and drive our success.
Position: Financial Management Analyst
Location: Fully Remote
Base Compensation: $100-125K, based on factors such as geographic location and experience
Other Compensation: 4% contribution to 401(k), performance bonus, profit-sharing
Paid Time Off: 16 days PTO/year, 11 holidays/year
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, 401(k)…and more
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Ascella Technologies is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified candidates without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law. Ascella Technologies is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.