Position Name: Systems Engineer
Reports to: NOC Team Lead
Location: UA/ Remote, Work-from-Home
Status: Eligible for Overtime
- Monday-Friday 6 AM-3 PM US Eastern Time
Atlas Technica's mission is to shoulder IT management, user support, and cybersecurity for our clients, who are hedge funds and other investment firms. Founded in 2016, we have grown 100% year over year through our uncompromising focus on service.
We value ownership, execution, growth, intelligence, and camaraderie. We are looking for people who share our Core Values, thrive, and contribute to this environment while putting the customer first. At Atlas Technica, we offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and great perks to our global Team. We strive to maintain a professional yet friendly environment while promoting professional and career development for our Team Members. Join Atlas Technica now!
The NOC Engineer role responsibility is to serve as Atlas' front line for alerts & requests. Our multinational team of NOC engineers addresses issues with end-user devices, cloud technologies, and basic network troubleshooting. The NOC offers both leadership and technical career progression opportunities. This role is a full-time (40 hours/week) contract.
- Resolve alerts, primarily consisting of user devices, circuit downs, temperature/water alerts, Cloud alerts, SOC alerts.
- Resolve requests, primarily consisting of scheduling after-hours maintenance and device/new customer onboarding.
- Communicate with vendors and customers as a point of contact; Coordinate maintenance, after-hours repair, and patch remediation.
- Projects, as assigned by managers, for the NOC and Support teams.
- Documentation, maintaining knowledge base, new articles, and content improvements.
- Recommend and improve processes to drive better outcomes.
- Microsoft Windows Desktop & Server OS
- General familiarity with all currently-supported versions of Windows, with an emphasis on Desktop issues
- OS & App Patching, OS Upgrades, Failure Remediation
- Cloud Products & Technologies
- Microsoft 365, Azure, SharePoint/OneDrive, Exchange Online, Amazon AWS
- Identity Management, Authorization, and Security (Azure AD, Okta)
- EMM/MDM tools (InTune, AirWatch)
- Backups & Disaster Recovery
- E-Mail Technologies
- General Mail Flow Troubleshooting, Archiving, Retention, Compliance
- Proofpoint, Mimecast, Global Relay
- Comprehension of network protocols (TCP/IP, VPN, DNS, DHCP)
- Diagnostic toolkit in Layer 1-3 functionality
- Resolve alerts as raised by SIEM/SOC providers, Anti-Virus
- Great communicators, able to speak at a conversational English level
- 3+ years of general IT experience, primarily in server, infrastructure support, and networking/circuits
- 1+ years of NOC experience, including knowledge of ITIL-based Service Operations
- Passionate about delivering consistently positive experiences to our customers
- Strong diagnostics toolkit; approaches an incident with logic, conscientious of time spent on a given issue
- Experience working in an MSP/Consultancy environment
- Experience with related tools such as OpsGenie, PageR Duty, PRTG, Scripting with PowerShell, Automate Script, and Azure Functions.
- Strong knowledge of RMM tools such as ConnectWise Automate, SolarWinds, Nagios, CloudWatch, or Zabbix
- Able to design monitors to look for problem conditions in customer environments.
- Able to design scripts to address faults automatically.
- A degree in a relevant field (Computer Science/Computer Engineering)
- Certifications such as CompTIA A+, Server+, Network+ or similar
Atlas Technica is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.