Job Title: Staff Engineer- Robotics Systems
Are you a deep robotics process line expert looking to work with a team of robotics, software, and systems engineers in the development and support of cutting edge robotics systems used to process smart devices? In this role, you will help build, maintain, and enhance robotics systems developed by Apkudo as well as integrate with customized third party robotic systems. You will work with our Engineering and Product teams to build and enhance cutting-edge integrated software and hardware platforms to help automate and enhance productivity, stability, and throughput. This is a great opportunity for those engaged by growth, challenge, connected devices, and robotics. Apply today to learn more!
What you'll do:
- Develop system-level and component level robotics systems to enhance performance of existing systems and design new robotics products.
- Troubleshoot and resolve robotics hardware and system level issues.
- Work onsite as needed and support customer(s) directly to implement and enhance automated connected devices (e.g., cell phones, notebooks, laptops, etc.) testing and triage systems.
- Evaluate periodic performance data from the robotic systems to determine opportunities to enhance performance and/or identify root causes of degrading performance.
- Work with vendors to refine existing system designs as well as develop next generation solutions.
- Develop system maintenance plans and evaluate system performance to identify potential performance enhancements for maintainability, uptime, and throughput.
What you'll need:
- BS in one of the following engineering disciplines Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Robotics Engineering or related fields. Relevant experience may substitute for and/or augment relevant degrees
- 5+ years of progressive robotics system design experience.
- 3+ years of 3D design experience, SOLDIWORKS preferred.
- 3+ years of PLC development experience
- 2+ years of experience designing and deploying robotics systems in production environments
- Experience on ROS/ROS2
- Experience with robotics systems used in the testing and evaluation of mobile devices is a plus
- Knowledge of Command Line Interface (CLI) such as Linux, Unix, and/or Bash/Shell required. Experience with memory, concurrency/synchronization, memory allocation, file systems, networking, and storage subsystems management preferred.
- Experience and working knowledge of Yaskawa GP7 robot systems programming and troubleshooting are strongly desired.
- Experience working with various sensors such as LiDar, Radar, camera, IMU, GPS, encoders, I/O, PLC, and solenoids.
- Knowledge of programming and setting up industrial HMI dashboards.
- Ability to read ladder logic, download and Keyence KV-8000 PLC programs, and troubleshoot PLC functions.
- Ability to program and troubleshoot control circuit devices such as photo-eyes, solenoids, limit switches, indicating lights, safety switches, and Keyence cameras and controllers.
- Experience with quality management methodologies such as 6-sigma and TQM is a plus
- Experience with programming languages such as Python is a plus
- Written and spoken Korean, Japanese, or Chinese are a plus
What we expect from everyone:
- Put people first (by helping others be at their best--and making sure we are, too)
- Communicate clearly (by speaking candidly, regularly, and respectfully to everyone)
- Own our work and the outcomes (by taking personal ownership to deliver on the commitments we make to our colleagues and our customers)
- Trust and be trustworthy (by acting with integrity and providing excellent work for each other and our clients)
- Value everyone's voice (because it's all about the best ideas--not bureaucracy).
What you can expect from us:
- 4 weeks of time off every year, including time off for volunteering and your birthday.
- Paid parental leave benefits.
- Flexible working hours and schedules (some positions-like this one-will do some on-call weekend work on occasion, but we expect you to take time off during the week to make up for it).
- Casual dress.
- A company-paid Google Pixel phone or a monthly credit to apply for your tech needs (including upgrading your bandwidth).
- 12 paid holidays, including Juneteenth and the day after Thanksgiving.
- A monthly wellness stipend that you can use for things like a meditation app, standing desk, gym equipment, etc.
- 401(k) matching up to 4%.
- Up to $5,250/year for certification, continuing education, and tuition reimbursement.
- We offer insurance coverage we're proud of for you, your family, and your spouse or domestic partner. We pay 100% of the cost of coverage for you for vision (through VSP), dental (through Guardian Dental), and some medical plans (through United Health Care, the largest health insurance company in the U.S.).
- HSAs, FSAs (health care, dependent care), and commuter benefits may reduce what you have to pay for these parts of your life.
We develop software and hardware platforms for the management of connected device supply chains. Through an applied combination of artificial intelligence, advanced analytics, and sophisticated automation, our platforms help rationalize and improve the reverse logistic supply chain for connected devices (e.g., smartphones, notebooks, watches, etc.) by injecting intelligence and transparency throughout the entire device lifecycle: from design, development, testing, and certification to forward and reverse logistics. We test and certify, triage, and provide stakeholders (OEMs, Carries, Insurers, and 3PL) with the data necessary to help them balance device quality, velocity, and precision across all supply chain processes to optimize device experiences and device value.
The Fine Print:
We are also an agile organization, and so the duties and description of this role (like every other at our company) may change at any time as we adapt.
This position is exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
Note: Apkudo is an Equal Opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and inclusivity and to creating a culture where everyone feels respected and connected, no matter the location of their work. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.