About the company:
Protera Technologies, is a global Total IT Outsourcing Services Provider for SAP-centric organizations. The Company was formed in the mid-90s to provide comprehensive end-to-end IT solutions for customers with SAP in the core of their IT resources. Protera Technologies has capitalized on its unbeatable experiences with SAP to evolve into a pioneer of end-to-end total IT Outsourcing global solutions that covers all IT needs of an organization. Since its founding in 1998, Protera Technologies is committed to enabling constant change while improving quality and reducing total cost of ownership for all IT resources of an SAP centric organization.
Protera envisages to be the premier on-demand operational platform supporting all IT needs for SAP centric organizations.
The company aims to deliver the best forward-thinking ITO Services Platform empowering organizations to leverage IT to drive business growth and efficiency gains.
- Impact: Create intentional and meaningful interactions to improve, innovate and inspire
- Curiosity: Stay curious about the evolution and journey of each other.
- Authenticity: High integrity individuals working together for the greater good.
- Celebration: Of our work, our people, our clients, our traditions, and our communities.
To know more about us you can visit our website www.protera.com.
- Should have experience in providing operational support for AWS, Azure, Active Directory, landscape design, and implementation
- Provide operational support for Windows and Linux Server Platforms
- Experience with back up technologies ideally Commvault
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Strong understanding of Cloud and Traditional Networking concepts – routing, firewalls, WAN, HA design
- Provide a mature and professional customer experience by directly working with customers to set expectations, showcase solution options, and drive implementation
- Proactively ensure the highest level of availability for the mission critical infrastructure
- System integration across multiple clients and platforms
- Experience with operating system command-line utilities as well as PowerShell, VBScript, Shell Scripting and or Python.
- Conduct yourself with a team mindset
- Work across all functional areas of the company to reproduce and resolve customer issues, achieving high levels of customer satisfaction
- Engage vendors, technical support teams, development teams, and technology infrastructure teams to provide the best technical solution for each project
- Collaborate with peers on routine operational metric reporting of key process indicators
- Be a responsive and helpful engagement point for technology teams attempting to resolve their storage and backup requirements
- Collaborate with external partners and vendors to maintain and optimize our platforms and ensure they align with our security standards
- Review system performance and efficiency; conduct bottleneck evaluation to identify performance issues and make data-driven recommendations for improvement.
Must have skills :
- 5+ years of solid professional experience in a similar role
- 5+ years of Public Cloud engineering experience – AWS and/or Azure
- Solid understanding of traditional Storage protocols (NFS, FC, iSCSI) along with Hyperscaler storage tiers, connectivity, governance, and management.
- Experience with ITIL best practices with Incident, Problem, Release, and Change Management within ITSM systems.
- Experience in a Windows/Linux data center environment.
- Experience in SAN technologies, Backup Systems and Hardware implementation and maintenance.
- Strong Experience in Security strategy, policies, procedure and implementation.
Nice to have:
- Understanding of Virtual Server backup and restore methodologies within AWS, Azure, VMware
- Good understanding of Windows/UNIX operating systems (characteristics, capabilities & limitations)
- Working background with virtualization technologies such as VMware is highly desirable.
- Working background with High Availability and Clustering technologies.
- Experience with ServiceNow
- Exposure to Ansible and Terraform
- Exposure to DevOps and Agile project methodologies