Reserv is a Series A-stage insurtech incubating cutting-edge AI and automation technology focused on bringing efficiency and simplicity to insurance claims by redefining claims adjusting. Founded by insurtech veterans with deep experience in SaaS and digital claims – and venture-backed by Bain Capital and Altai Ventures – Reserv began operations in May 2022 and has rapidly expanded.
About the role
As the Chief of Staff, you will report directly to the founder & CEO of Reserv to develop and execute the strategic direction of the company. Your stakeholders will be the Board of Directors, the executive team, and the functional leaders that report to the executives. In this role, you will work cross-functionally to develop and communicate strategic plans, perform quantitative and qualitative analysis, and partner with stakeholders to drive execution. We cannot overstate the impact you will have on the founder & CEO as a key thought-partner, nor can we overstate the amount of influence you will have in defining the culture and future direction of Reserv.
This role is right for you if you:
- Are comfortable working across multiple disciplines, from strategy to finance to operations and working with executive-level senior stakeholders internally as well as externally with potential customers
- Excel at operating out of your comfort zone by climbing learning curves quickly, breaking problems down into constituent parts, and solving them from first principles
- Are a strong communicator, both verbally in a team-setting as well as in written communications through slide decks
- Comfortable challenging the status quo and always seek to provide analytically-grounded opinions – even when it differs than those around you
- Enjoy and have fun being creative and thinking outside of the box. You will need to draw on analogous situations you’ve worked on before, but we are not traversing well-traveled roads. “Where we’re going, we don’t need roads!”
We are open to offering either one year secondments or full-time employment.
- 2-4 years in management / strategy consulting at a top tier firm
- Diverse experiences across cases / projects / studies, with experience in strategy, due diligence, operations, and change management
- Strong proficiency in building high-impact, concise decks
- Strong proficiency in conducting quantitative analyses and building models in Excel
- Educational credentials commensurate with a strong and successful consulting background
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Generous health-insurance package with nationwide coverage, vision, & dental
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching
- Competitive PTO policy – we want our employees fresh, healthy, happy, and energized!
- Generous family leave policy
- Work from anywhere to facilitate your work life balance paired with frequent, regular corporate retreats to build team cohesion, reinforce culture, and have fun
- Your choice of Windows or Apple laptop, large second monitor, and other quality-of-life equipment you may want. Technology is something that should make your life easier, not harder!