Founded in 2013, Tidepool is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to making diabetes data more accessible, actionable, and meaningful for people with diabetes, their care teams, and researchers. Tidepool Loop is a project to build and support an FDA-regulated version of Loop, to be available in the iOS App Store, intended to work with commercially available insulin pumps and CGMs. Tidepool Loop is not currently available for use.
Due to the nature of this role, candidates must be geographically located in the United States and authorized to work.
As the Business Development and Strategy Professional, you will play a pivotal role in driving the company's growth by identifying, developing, and nurturing strategic partnerships that align with our business objectives. You will be responsible for cultivating relationships, creating new opportunities, developing infrastructure to manage existing deals, and expanding our market presence. This role offers a unique opportunity to contribute to our company's success and make a lasting impact on our future.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Market Analysis: In collaboration with marketing and product teams, conduct thorough market research and competitive analysis to identify trends, gaps, and potential areas for growth, particularly within diabetes devices, health systems, and payer landscapes. Use this information to inform partnership decisions and strategies. Collaborate with marketing, product and organization leadership to identify and pursue new Tidepool Loop partnerships.
- Relationship Building: Build and maintain strong relationships with potential and existing partners, industry influencers, and key stakeholders. Manage outreach to potential partners across diabetes device makers to expand Tidepool+ device connection. Act as the primary point of contact for those partnership inquiries and negotiations.
- Business Development Infrastructure: Implement a system to track, store and manage existing and in-progress contracts, ensuring the organization’s ongoing compliance with partnership commitments. Manage the organization’s template agreements, including dissemination and negotiation. Identify opportunities to improve them, driving continuous improvement that reduces the need for future revisions.
- Deal Negotiation: Lead contract review and negotiations for Tidepool+ health system agreements, ensuring mutually beneficial terms that drive value for all parties involved. Collaborate with sales and finance teams to finalize contracts.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Work closely with internal teams such as sales, marketing, and product to align partnership activities with overall business and partnership objectives. Coordinate efforts to ensure seamless execution of partnership initiatives, including clinical studies.
- Pipeline Management: Work with marketing and product to develop and manage a robust pipeline of partnership opportunities, focusing on diabetes device makers, health systems, and payers. Tracking partnership progress and outcomes. Regularly report on partnership performance and impact to leadership.
- Innovation: Collaborate with marketing and product to stay informed about healthcare industry policy and trends, particularly around RPM, value-based care, chronic care management, and reimbursement opportunities to identify new business opportunities, potential partnerships, or opportunities to influence governing bodies. Propose innovative ideas to enhance our offerings, market positioning, and revenue opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or related field; MBA, JD, or relevant advanced degree preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in business development, strategic partnerships, or related roles within the diabetes or broader healthcare sector.
- Proven track record of successfully establishing and nurturing strategic partnerships that drive business growth, including hands-on experience with contract review.
- Strong understanding of diabetes and healthcare trends, market dynamics, and competitive landscape.
- Exceptional communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to translate data into actionable insights.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in building complex financial models in spreadsheets, describing business cases and partnership rationale in narratives and presentation, and reviewing/editing business contracts.
To learn more about Tidepool's compensation philosophy please see Tidepool's Employee Handbook.
- Flexible PTO
- Paid parental leave
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Health and Childcare FSA
- Flexible work schedule
- Wellness and Productivity stipend
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
While many of Tidepool’s team members have a personal connection to diabetes, this is not a requirement. We ask that you have empathy for chronic conditions and you are prepared to learn about the diabetes experience.
This is a remote position. You’ll be working from home and interacting with a team of colleagues that works around the world. Learn more about working at Tidepool, including our approach to inclusion and diversity in this blog post.
Tidepool is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company supports diversity and inclusion in its core values and does not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by U.S. federal or state law or local ordinance. When necessary, the company will reasonably accommodate employees and applicants with disabilities if the person is otherwise qualified to safely perform all of the essential functions of the position.