At Janus, we believe in a world where healthcare functions efficiently. Join us on our mission to improve the lives of administrative workers and fundamentally change the way work is done. Our team is building a world-class process improvement platform to help healthcare providers generate more cash with fewer resources.
We are looking for a Business Analyst with Revenue Cycle expertise to join our team! This person will be responsible for product design requirements gathering and streamlining of discovery for product enhancement activities. The Business Analyst will facilitate discovery sessions, create product build specifications, and confirm business case associated with product build or enhancement activities. This person will coordinate with cross functional teams including engineering, product, and customer success to confirm complete and comprehensive requirements for all product designs. A successful candidate will have high attention to detail, an appreciation for consistent documentation, an ability to creatively solve complete customer problems, and strong communication to coordinate amongst various teams.
This person will be an individual contributor within our Product team and should have a strong sense of autonomy in their individual tasks such as:
- Independently facilitates discovery and design sessions for new complex build activities including new automation use cases or enhancements to existing functionality using best practices for automation design and development
- Documents detailed specification for new build activities and confirms understanding of design with engineering, customer success, and product delivery teams
- Maintains specification documentation in accessible and centrally located documentation system
- Assists in the creation of automation design documents to support business decision-making, process streamlining, automation development and performance improvement to meet business and customer needs
- Creates business case for build activity including defining inputs for value and success measure tracking in collaboration with customer success team
- Partners with engineers and project managers to create timelines of automation development and business validation to leadership
- Supports research through ongoing database investigation to confirm enhancement requirements or other data needs
- Communicates clearly, timely and professionally, both in writing and verbally
- Independently problem solves to remove blockers, identify risks and create mitigation plans, and escalate timely
- Manages and guides cross functional team meetings to ensure discovery and design needs are met for ongoing product success
- Facilitates activities with customer and internal teams as needed
- Applies critical thinking to solve customer and internal problems
- Identifies and escalates risks with proposed solutions and suggested recommendations
- Serves as an active team member; participates in department and company wide initiatives; contributes to the overall culture
- Other duties as assigned by Product Leadership
- 3+ years of Healthcare Revenue Cycle or Business Analyst work experience in a technical or customer facing role; must feel comfortable in the details
- Preferred database design experience in analytical tools such as SQL, Tableau etc.
- Preferred certification in Lean Six Sigma Green or Black Belt, CRCR
- Self-motivated, persuasive, and proactive team player with innovative ideas to inspire team members
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Proven experience building strong internal relationships and collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Detail-oriented, organized and process-driven, without losing sight of the bigger picture
- Consistent ability to produce relevant documentation of procedures and testing approaches
- Ability to suggest improvements and dig deep into optimizing and streamlining processes
- Critical thinking skills to problem solve creatively within Janus technology suite
- Comfort in technical planning and documentation tools such as Jira, Confluence, and Microsoft Teams
- Flexibility and comfort working in a dynamic and constantly changing environment of an early-stage startup
- Has fun, celebrates success, and contributes to a positive culture
- Ability to work remotely in the United States
- 100% Company Paid Medical for employee coverage & a generous contribution for dependent coverage.
- Unlimited PTO which is actually used! Take the time you need to be successful.
- Employee Stock Options because we are building something together and want to share in the value we create
- Work when and where you need with our flexible schedules and environments.
- Save for your retirement with a 401k plan
At Janus, we're committed to growing and empowering an inclusive community within our company and communities. This is why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives across our organization. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don't meet every requirement — including women, people of color, individuals with disabilities and those in the LGBTQIA+ community.
We are the Shapers of Culture
Our employees are our greatest asset, and we are passionate about creating strong culture with deep purpose. We are entrepreneurial and focused, yet humble, empathetic, and inclusive. We value the individual and tackle problems as a team. The best idea wins, and teams celebrate together. We are remote-first, well-funded, and growing fast!
We pride ourselves on being true to ourselves and authentic. We stand on the following tenets:
- Ownership - everyone is a contributor and is empowered to drive improvement.
- Curiosity - playing and learning every day.
- Eagerness - demolishing barriers to building and innovating.
- Radical Transparency - openness in communication and decision making across the organization.
- Partnership over Profit - prioritizing long-term relationships.
- Humility - we strive to be team players, setting aside ego.
- Community - nurturing an environment where all employees and partners can thrive.
Our team is fun, innovative, and willing to roll-up our sleeves to help each other succeed in a fast-paced environment.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned.
This job description does not constitute a contract of employment and Janus Health Technologies, Inc. may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.