TechFlow, Inc. is hiring a Proposal Manager familiar with DoD base operations and energy infrastructure solicitations. We know, as an experienced professional, you have options on where to work as a Proposal Manager, so here’s what we bring to the table that makes us different. We are an employee-owned company with a genuine desire to do better for our customers. Here, you are not a cog in the wheel, but an equal whose contribution makes a meaningful, and recognized, impact. This remote position with no more than 10% travel expected per year provides flexibility and opportunity for the right candidate.
The ideal Proposal Manager will have the knowledge and temperament to lead proposals with varying team dynamics. Be comfortable in the proposal process (Shipley) while being adaptable, as needed to suit situations. You should write well and have experience staying in compliance with submitted work.
- Write content as needed
- Manage proposal efforts and personnel
- Develop proposal strategies and themes with capture staff
- Develop a Proposal Management Plan including a requirements driven outline, calendar, writing assignments, compliance matrix, style guide, etc.
- Work with capture and management to assemble proposal team of resources, recommending internal resources and/or external resources if required
- Ensure adherence to requirements-driven outline throughout bid lifecycle
- Ensure proposal responsiveness to the customer's issues and needs
- Direct writing/editing/rewriting efforts and graphic concepts development
- Coordinate between the cost and the technical/management teams for consistency
- Review sections to ensure requirements are addressed, themes incorporated, and consistent with overarching approach
- Conduct regular proposal progress status meetings and enforce the proposal schedule
- Conduct color team reviews and reviewer comments are adjudicated appropriately
- Perform light desktop publishing and editing
- Provide compliance review for other proposal managers
- Act as review chair for other proposal efforts
- 3+ years of experience in proposal management with DOD base operations and/or energy infrastructure opportunities
- Ability to interpret solicitation requirements and be detail oriented to ensure compliance
- 3+ years of experience writing and/or editing
- Strong proposal management skills in professional services
- Ability to comfortably manage multiple proposals simultaneously
- Experience working within the Shipley process to include ability to tailor to size, timeline, and resources available for bid
- Ability to listen and translate input to actionable tasks then communicate those tasks to the appropriate owners
- Capabilities with MS Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, and other tools to assist in the production of proposals
- Ability to relate basis of estimate (BOE) input to technical/management writing to meet Government solicitation requirements
- Flexibility to work in various roles with staff who have a range of proposal capabilities
- Willingness and ability to work in various roles (e.g., volume lead, proposal manager, management writer
- Ability to creatively problem solve
- Experience working in a highly collaborative environment, with personnel from multiple companies, to facilitate and develop technical solutions
- Shipley certification
Founded in 1995 at the start of the dot-com revolution, TechFlow helped large commercial clients such as Dreamworks, Toshiba, MGM, and others modernize their business systems. Today, with deep operational roots in the bi-coastal innovation hubs of California and Washington DC, TechFlow continues as a leader in applying innovative engineering, technology, integration solutions, and support services to the Federal Government’s most demanding mission and business challenges.
Our culture thrives on out-of-the-box thinking and the unique powerful entrepreneurial expressions of our employee-owners. As a 100% employee-owned company, we have a shared expectation of commitment, accountability, and responsibility driven by a culture that embraces innovation and new ideas. Our goal is not to do what has been done, but to do it better.
TechFlow has four principal lines of business: Platform Services, Mission Services, Digital Services, and Energy & Mobility Solutions. Our company has a strong track record of successful contracts in both areas and encourages cross-collaboration.
TechFlow, Inc is 100% employee-owned. Come make a difference in a job that contributes to your future and helps us build an agile workplace!
- Employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) – Pride in being an employee-owner and annual employer contribution (per plan guidelines)
- 401k plan with Roth option.
- Eligibility for an employer match.
- Immediate vesting
- Paid time off
- Holidays – 11 paid holidays per year
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Company-paid Life & AD&D insurance plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Resources
- Company-paid training and development program
- Voluntary benefits include:
- Life & AD&D Insurance for employee, spouse, and children
- Short-term and long-term disability (per plan guidelines)
- Legal Shield and Identity Theft protection plans
- Pet Insurance