Citeline is one of the world's leading providers of data and intelligence on clinical trials, drug treatments, medical devices and what's new in the regulatory and commercial landscape. Relying on us to deliver vital advantage when making critical R&D and commercial decisions, our customers come from over 3000 of the world’s leading pharmaceutical, contract research organizations (CROs), medical technology, biotechnology, and healthcare service providers, including the top 10 global pharma and CROs.
From drug and device discovery and development to regulatory approval, and from product launch to lifecycle management, we provide the intelligence and insight to help our customers seize opportunities, mitigate risk, and make business-critical decisions, faster. As the pharma and healthcare sector faces unparalleled upheaval, customers rely on our independent advice, enabling them to cut through the clutter and make sense of changing drug development, regulatory and competitive landscapes.
Scope of Role
You will be joining a consistently High-Performing Team, with both high expectations and excellent opportunities for career growth and advancement. As such, we are looking for a sales professional who can excel in and add expertise to a team intent on further growing our footprint in the Healthcare space, while delighting our clients.
This role is for you if you are a versatile and tenacious sales professional. You like to work independently as well as collaboratively with Sales and Client Success team members to deliver outstanding client service and maximize the value of the global business.
As an individual contributor, you will report into Citeline’s US Sales Manager and be in a sales position focused on the acquisition of new Biopharma customers.
In this role you will:
- Consistently generate sales of our Patient Engagement and Recruitment Services into the Biopharma account base (both new logos and supporting existing Account Managers in identifying and closing opportunities with existing accounts).
- Be accountable to achieve and exceed the agreed quarterly and annual sales targets as set forth by the business
- Manage the entire sales pipeline from lead generation to closing the sale
- Develop exemplary professional relationships to maximise the lifetime value of each account
- Partner with Citeline’s Product Management and Client Success teams to share feedback from client interactions and strive for continuous improvements in Citeline’s offering to BioPharma institutions
- Utilize Citeline’s Salesforce CRM system to document all sales activities and provide accurate and up-to-date sales pipeline reports and sales forecasts on a weekly basis
- Collaborate and drive promotional activities with the Marketing team on regular and targeted campaigns to introduce new services, generate sales leads and promote the Citeline brand
- Other duties as assigned
- A passion for healthcare, life sciences, data /analytics, and technology
- 5-8+ years of sales experience in B2B sales within tech/SaaS, or pharma/healthcare
- A ‘Whatever it takes” mentality, to consistently deliver exceptional results
- Ability to identify new revenue opportunities across product verticals, maximize upsell/cross-sell potential, and close deals
- Have an inquisitive mindset, eager to learn the Pharma industry and our products, while keeping abreast of them, in order to have credible, insightful conversations with our prospective clients.
- Proven consultative sales skills, including competitive market research, lead generation, prospecting, business development and closing sales
- Confidence in navigating the buying process across our range of clients
- Able to successfully engage senior stakeholders, confidently and credibly
- Execute a well-designed call structure, cadence, and articulate complex solutions simply & coherently
- Strong presentation, communication, negotiation objection handling skills; with high close ratios
- A desire to be the best on the team…while supporting your fellow team members, to be their best
- A demonstrative track-record of consistent sales success
- Extensive coaching and mentoring in the role to ensure you are set up for success
- Opportunity for both career progression and substantial earnings
- Belonging to an exceptional and progressive sales culture & community
- Excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Dependent & Health Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Generous employer 401k contribution
- Worker’s Compensation, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off includes Holidays, vacation, and sick time
- Focus on the client. Our clients’ success is our success. We do our utmost to understand our clients and ensure they are successful in their roles.
- Strive to be better. Our Goal to improve and innovate, challenging industry norms and ourselves.
- Be one team. Communicate, collaborate, challenge. We believe that two heads are always better than one; in being generous with our time and collaborating to get the job done.
- Empower Enable Success. We empower each other to deliver, celebrate our successes and learn from our mistakes.
- Be Accountable Own it. We take responsibility and do the right thing. Through guidance and support we hold each other accountable.
- Whatever it takes.Sales is about finding solutions. Leverage your internal resources, challenge yourself to ‘figure out’ a way to win, within a healthily competitive, professional environment. Whatever it takes.
The expected base salary for this position ranges from $150,000 to $170,000 plus OTE. It is not typical for offers to be made at or near the top of the range. Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education, and, where applicable, licensure or certifications obtained. Market and organizational factors are also considered.
Citeline is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, or age. Our ethos is to respect and value people’s differences, to help everyone achieve more at work as well as in their personal lives so that they feel proud of the part they play in our success.
We believe that all decisions about people at work should be based on the individual’s abilities, skills, performance and behavior and our business requirements. Evaluate operates a zero-tolerance policy to any form of discrimination, abuse, or harassment.