Matrix New World Engineering is seeking a driven and collaborative Commercial Management Lead to join our growing Program Management group supporting our larger clients across the US. As a key member of our team, you will be fully accountable to the commercial and financial management through project execution as you collaborate with internal and external partners.
The Commercial Manager will report directly to the Matrix Senior Project Manager and be responsible to oversee and manage all project and program budget/cost controls, change management, and commercial presentations to all levels of management with Matrix and the client.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Development, oversight, and analysis of project budget and cost management for the project (e.g., project cost and commitments tracking, project cost forecast, labor, and other direct costs monitoring).
- Development and oversight of the preparation of monthly cost reports, weekly change management reports, and any dashboard information.
- Manage and collaborate with a project team consisting of schedulers, project analysts, document control manager, project accountants and project / commercial management coordinators.
- Review vendor and CM invoices and pay applications.
- Assistance in all funding and invoice related issues.
- Monitor compliance with contracts and contracts close-out.
- Provide independent comprehensive assessment of cost and schedule impacts of proposed changes and assist project staff in developing work-around and schedule recovery plans.
- Collaboratively work with the CM/GC PMs, design consultants and when necessary, Superintendents, on issues regarding change management and schedule.
- Lead Change Management negotiation and process Contract Change Orders.
- Assistance in claims resolution.
- Prepare or review independent cost estimates of proposed changes to support fair and effective consultant and contractor negotiations.
- Evaluate and scrutinize major program cost estimates.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel and ability to create and update CPM schedules in P6.
- Develop extended budget projections to identify and quantify cost, schedule, technical, and programmatic risk factors in collaboration with the team.
- Participate in program/project progress and status review meetings.
- Evaluate and scrutinize project schedule in coordination with Construction Manager.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, architecture, business, law or equivalent.
- Minimum of 10+ years of validated experience with financial planning, budget/cost control, change management analysis, forecasting, and reporting with the ability to provide strategic insight.
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in the Architecture/ Engineering/ Construction industry contracting practices, applicable government and commercial regulations and practices.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of construction project management through all phases of the construction project lifecycle.
- Experience in development of contracts, administration and negotiation of change orders, effective letter correspondence, planning and scheduling.
- Strong skills in Excel, project controls, project management, project scheduling and project estimating software.
- May require up to 50% domestic travel based upon project needs/client requirements.
- Possess a positive professional reputation with gravitas that can deliver quality, cost effective projects.
- Be a self-starter with good communication and people skills.
- Be interested in teaching, leading, and mentoring others.
- Have an ability to work well in a high performing team structure in a fast-paced environment.
- Be detail-oriented with the ability to work independently.
- Be able to handle interruptions and multiple projects with frequently changing priorities and deadlines.
- Be open minded, willing and eager to learn.
Qualified Candidates Must:
Matrix is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, along with a pleasant and professional work environment.
We offer excellent benefits including:
- Medical/Rx Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Company-paid Long-Term Disability Insurance
This position is not eligible for an employment visa sponsorship (H1B, etc.).