Who We Are
At Osmosis, we believe that everyone who cares for someone can learn by Osmosis. Our global team's mission is to empower clinicians and caregivers with the best learning experience possible, increase healthcare capacity, and ultimately improve patient outcomes. In 2021, Osmosis partnered with Elsevier - the world’s leading publisher. This combined partnership will help us reach our goal of educating a billion people by 2025. Together, we are creating a more caring world by developing the most caring people.
What You’ll Do
Clinical Content Editors are experts in clinical medical education in Family Medicine. As part of the Osmosis team, they oversee the editorial process in the production and publication of clerkship-specific content for our Clinical Sciences product.
- Works closely with Script, Creative, and Assessment teams, as well as subject matter experts, to produce, edit, and review clinical content, which includes learning objectives, decision-making trees, video scripts, assessment items, and other ancillary materials.
- Delineates appropriate resources and provides guidance on best practices for the delivery of high-quality clinical sciences content.
- Works with our Clinical Curriculum Committee to approve content for publication.
- Works with our Senior Director of Medical Education and our Clinical Curriculum Committee members to develop our clinical content roadmaps while balancing organizational resources and stakeholder needs
- This position is a part-time contractor (1099) role (approximately 20-35 hours per week) starting in October 2023 and remote.
In the first 30 days you will be:
- Familiar with the Osmosis product.
- Acknowledges the needs and scope of the product.
- Editing prototypes and initial units of content.
- Working with our content production team to develop our content and our production workflows.
In the first 90 days you will be:
- Working within a well-oiled production pipeline to produce content for our Clinical Sciences product.
What You Bring
- Terminal medical degree earned in within the US. (Required)
- Clinical teaching experience at an attending level. (Required)
- Direct patient care experience within the U.S. (Required)
- Ability to commit 20-35 hours per week starting in October 2023
- Current and valid medical license
- Strong grasp of the medical education ecosystem, with undergraduate and graduate medical education leadership experience.
- Experience overseeing the development, implementation, and maintenance of curricular activities.
- Demonstrated thought leadership on future of medical education.
- Devoted to the organizational mission of transforming medical education to better serve educators and learners.
How You Work
- Mission and Value Aligned. You resonate with our organizational values. You are motivated to help us achieve our common goals and vision!
- Adaptable. You are flexible and versatile with changes to projects, goals, and strategies. You are comfortable working in an entirely virtual environment.
- Proactive. You seek out new ways to problem-solve both solo or with your team members.
- Growth mindset-oriented. You work through change and obstacles to reach resolutions and constantly seek new knowledge.
- Solutions Oriented. You love proposing solutions and lean towards problem-solving action.
- Reliable. You hold yourself accountable and take ownership for mistakes.
- Caring Communicator. You know the importance of clear, thoughtful communication in a fully distributed environment.
Must be authorized to work in the US or Canada.
Starting in October 2023, this position is a part-time contractor (1099) role (approximately 20-35 hours per week) and remote.
One of our values is to “Open Your Arms”. In line with this, Osmosis from Elsevier is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
If you have any specific needs that may require a different method for application submission, please reach out to us at [email protected].