hatch I.T. is partnering with an innovative startup focused on time series analytics and big data to find an Senior Distributed Systems/Golang Engineer. See details below:
About the Role
In this role, you will work on their time series database and analytics platform, both distributed systems that were designed for horizontal scalability and performance. The ideal person will have strong fundamentals in distributed systems, experience architecting at scale infrastructure, deep knowledge of databases, and experience creating Go microservices using GRPC in a kubernetes environment. Your role would primarily focus on helping them extend their platform by creating new features and tools. Activities would run the entire gamut of the software development life cycle within the confines of a Scrum/Agile environment.
About the Company
Work with a small, world class team building the next generation of time series platforms to revolutionize the country's electric grid and enable the energy transition. They bring real-time big-data technology and an innovative solution to machine-learning for physical systems together to transform the management of the state of electric utility grid and high-value industrial assets such as GSU transformers and step-down transformers. They have won grants from the Department of Energy, ARPA-E, and the National Science Foundation. If you have ever wanted to join a startup whose management is primarily technical and was breakeven before their Series A, this is a great opportunity!
What qualifications are they looking for?
- They are looking for senior/architect/expert level software engineer - you could be an expert who has built at-scale systems for FAANG or an exceptional computer science grad student coming out of an excellent program.
- Experience in temporal databases
- Large scale infrastructure
- Significant cloud experience
- Bachelor's/Masters/PhD degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, and work experience
- At least 5+ years in software development
- Strong communication skills, a positive attitude, and empathy
- Self-awareness and a desire to continually improve
They're extra impressed by folks with:
- Experience with CEPH / distributed object stores would also be considered a big advantage
Don't think you're 100% qualified for this position? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At hatch I.T., we're dedicated to helping companies build diverse, inclusive and authentic workplaces, so if your experience doesn't perfectly align with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
If you are interested in learning more about this company or any Startups/Small Businesses in the area, please contact us and check us out here!!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.