Circle is building the world’s leading all-in-one platform for online communities. We make it possible for creators, coaches, educators, and businesses to bring together their audience with engaging discussions, live streams, events, chat, courses, and payments — all in one place, all under their own brand.
We’re proud to be a fully remote company of around 120 (and growing!) team members from 30+ countries around the world. We strive to find exceptional talent, empower them to do their best work, and in turn, have a meaningful impact in their own lives. We don’t track hours, but we manage for outcomes in an a-synchronous culture.
Twice a year, we bring the whole company together for incredible company retreats in beautiful places around the world!
About the role
We're looking for someone to lead our CRM (Customer Relationship Management) engineering team, which is responsible for feature areas in Circle’s product related to member management, email marketing, workflows, segments, tagging, and analytics. Over the next 12-24 months, this is going to be a critical area of investment and expansion for us at Circle, and we’re looking for a highly capable leader to own both product and engineering in this surface area.
What you'll be doing
- Defining the product roadmap: Reporting directly to the CEO, you will work collaboratively with Circle’s co-founders to define a long-term roadmap for your team, and be responsible for setting specifications for new features and initiatives.
- Project management: You will be solely responsible for making sure that your team ships what it aims to ship, and that too at an very high bar for design and performance quality.
- Product judgement: You’ll be trusted to demonstrate consistently great judgement — balancing customer needs, company vision, and our technical roadmap.
- Documentation: You’ll be expected to ensure that your team’s roadmap documentation, specs, best practices, and project management boards are highly defined and up-to-date.
- Proactive communication: You’ll be expected to communicate proactively in both async and sync mediums to ensure your team stays on track with its goals.
- Optimal meetings: We’re a highly async org. When we have meetings, we work hard on ensuring they aren’t a waste of time.
- Performance feedback: As the direct manager of your team, you will provide feedback to your team members, perform regular 1-1 check-ins, and solicit technical/code-level feedback from senior engineers in your team.
- Team building: You will be responsible for recruiting, onboarding, and offboarding your members. You’ll be expected to maintain a high bar for engineering talent in your team.
- P&L responsibility: With a high degree of collaboration with Circle’s co-founders, you will be expected to manage and distribute your team’s engineering budget with the right combination of talent.
- High degree of care and empathy: You care a lot about your team, about your product, and about Circle’s culture. This will need you to be authentic, honest, humble, and driven.
- Earned respect and trust: Thanks to your past accomplishments, we hope that you’ll be well-respected and trusted in your functional area.
- Positive outlook: At Circle, a positive outlook is table-stakes! When you hit roadblocks, you’re the kind of person who won’t protest or point fingers — instead, you’ll be solution-oriented and resolve problems with ease and confidence.
What you'll need to be successful
- Significant experience as a senior technical and/or product leader.
- Strong experience building CRM, email marketing, newsletter, and/or automation products.
- Strong judgement and attention to detail across architectural, product, design, and process decisions.
- A desire to work in an environment which values generalists, polymaths, and highly autonomous leaders.
- You have former CTO and/or founder and/or VP-level product or engineering experience.
- You have experience with building products in the Ruby on Rails and/or React tech stack.
The fun stuff
Fully remote: work from anywhere in the world!
Autonomy and trust to do your job: we care about outcomes over everything else.
Paid time away: all employees are given 35 days of PTO annually.
Generous U.S. benchmarked compensation and startup equity no matter where you are in the world.*
Awesome medical coverage with 100% coverage for you and your family, or medical reimbursement options where applicable!*
Home office stipend to help you get up and running.
Learning & development stipend to help you level up your professional skills.
Annual bonus potential for roles that don't already receive variable income or commission.
Company retreats: Twice a year, the Circle team gets together for a fully paid company retreat in incredible places around the world! We’ve had past retreats in Colombia, Portugal, and Mexico, with more planned on the horizon.
Check out our Careers page for more.
*Your role, location and unique circumstance may affect this.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
As a fully-remote international company, diversity is baked into our DNA. Here’s how our CEO, Sid Yadav, frames our hiring mission: “let’s find talent in underserved and under-represented corners of the world, set them up to do the best work of their lives, and in turn, change their life.” To achieve this hiring mission, we offer competitive U.S.-benchmarked
compensation no matter where someone’s located in the world, and we proactively seek candidates who expand representation of backgrounds, cultures and lived experiences in our teams.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Circle is an equal opportunity employer and as such, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you require any accommodations during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.