Aug 27, 2023 - Karta® is hiring a remote Full Stack Developer. 📍Location: Philippines.
Full Stack Developer - PH
Who is Karta?
Gift cards just became Special! Why? Because we believe those Special, happy moments play a big part in strengthening our relationships with those we care about. We enable our customers to surprise and delight with a virtually wrapped Gift Card. From big brands to local heroes, Special Gift Cards can be used at retailers of all kinds across Australia – online and in-store.
Powered by Karta, an Aussie-born, global fintech disruptor focused on taking the complexity out of gift cards, we are bringing together a collective of like-minded people to work on Special Gift Cards. As we grow, we are looking for talented, curious software engineers, who deliver quality coding, and application design.
About the opportunity
As a Full Stack Developer, you will build web applications from concept all the way to completion from the bottom up, including web frontend, API's, databases, and cloud engineering. In this position you will also play a role in quality assurance, to ensure product quality, is in line with the documentation. You and your team will also be responsible for ensuring that we continuously improve in line with our quality assurance framework.
You have a collaborative mindset, and excellent problem-solving skills. You can think outside the box, finding creative and efficient solutions. You have excellent communication skills and enjoy sharing where you are up to, and what lies ahead openly and transparently, contributing to a high performing engineering culture.
What you will lead:
- Working with a team on the development of B2C web and mobile applications
- The development of a range of core API's, and a range of B2B/C products or other requirements
- Engaging with design, operations, marketing, finance and sales teams on the development, QA, and releases
- Collaboration, liaising with internal team members, management, and external suppliers to ensure projects are completed to standard and in line with our requirements, the strategic goals, and ambitions
- Ensuring customer needs are always at the centre of all we do
- Writing code alongside your team, always improving our products, in line with best practice
- The identification of bottlenecks, and risks, raising these openly, forming contingency plans where necessary
- Functionality testing and debugging code
- Ensuring our software documentation is up to date
- QA tasks, to determine and priorities what to test, monitor the test coverage; design test cases plus define specific tests, schedule test execution then develop test documentation and finally deliver it to a product owner
- Participating in agile ceremonies, including retrospective, demos & stand-ups
- Supporting your team – participating in regular one on one and group meetings, training sessions and meetings to discuss improvements
- Transparency around challenges, learning from failures, and celebrating successes
- Contributing to creating a culture of performance, living up to commitments and having a focus on continuous improvement
- Being up to date with industry trends and emerging technologies
- A happy, healthy, and safe work environment
- Being an advocate. For Karta, for the product ‘Special', for our people and for our values
What you can demonstrate:
- Expertise in the development of B2C web and mobile applications
- Proven experience developing high traffic RESTful API's and top-notch programming skills, web app development and top-notch programming skills
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Excellent technical, diagnostic, and troubleshooting skills
- Strong organisational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques
- Familiarity with the Agile/Scrum tools framework
- Highly effective cross-functional working style
- Excellent communication, motivational, and interpersonal skills
Your Technical Expertise:
- Expertise in React, web design, Node JS, Express, Typescript and CSS frameworks, Lambda, noSQL, and Cognito is essential
- Knowledge in React Native and C# .Net would be highly beneficial
- Knowledge and experience with AWS cloud infrastructure and CloudFormation templates
- Experience in API design and software architecture for large scale applications
- Familiarity with microservices and knowledge of cloud architecture principles
- Ability to optimise web application performance
- Knowledge of current security best practices
- Experience with Postgres, Snowflake and DynamoDB databases
- Familiarity with Postman or similar tools
- Latest knowledge in deployment CICD pipelines
- Previous experience with Confluence, Jira or other similar tools is a must
- Master's or bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field
- Previous software and web development experience, 5 years commercial experience minimum.
- Expert knowledge in both front end and back end.
- Proven experience working in a fast moving, fast paced fintech start up
- A background in financial services or payments is a bonus
- You inspire those around you with your positive mindset
- You have a contagious energy, and engaging style
- You are a creative and confident leader who drives change
- You know what ideas will and won't work
- You are a structured thinker, able to bring clarity of thought
- You apply structured problem solving to any issue
- You use sound judgement using data combined with your intuition
- You are comfortable with ambiguity whilst working in an evolving environment
- You are perceptive and enjoy the ‘hustle' required to get things done
- You take accountability, living up to your commitments
- You know it's not just what you deliver, it is how - you do things the right way, every time
Why is working with Karta so special?
We are a growing team, with the customer at the heart of all that we do. We are a welcoming and friendly bunch, on the cusp of something pretty special! Inspired by the journey ahead and our supportive leadership team, we are all in. We are building our Company culture together to ensure we can achieve our goals and have fun along the way. We are a true start up, figuring everything out as we go, making progress as we face the usual growing pains.
We are pretty excited about our products, the tech stack, and our suit free, open mike no ‘bs' work style and approach. We are a truly flexible organisation, with the option of remote or hybrid work styles that reflect your role and your personal circumstances.
|Be aware of the location restriction for this remote position: Philippines|
|‼||Beware of scams! When applying for jobs, you should NEVER have to pay anything. Learn more.️|