Earnest’s mission is to make higher education accessible and affordable for everyone. We empower students with financial support and supercharge their ability to pay down their debt so they can get on the right financial track fast.We build tools that help people feel in control of their financial future, including:
- Private student loans - low rates, people-first service, and flexible payments.
- Student loan refinancing - break free from high interest rates or monthly payments.
- Scholarships - access to thousands of scholars to help students pay less.
What makes an “Earnie” culture:
- Drivers – Drivers are satisfied by making things happen, not coming along for the ride. They feel a strong sense of ownership for their projects and teams and demand high standards from themselves and others.
- Humility – Humble team players check their egos and consider the team’s needs above their own. They are self-aware of their strengths and opportunities for improvement.
- Growth Mindset – People with a growth mindset approach challenges and failures as learning opportunities. They seek feedback to improve, give feedback to others, and genuinely want to perform well.
Earnies are committed to helping students live their best lives, free from the stress of student debt. If you’re as passionate as we are about our mission, read more below, and let’s build something great together!
As an Engineering Manager, you will report to the Sr. Manager of Engineering and:
- Let's work together with you as Engineering Manager of our Growth team!
- In the first 30 days, you’ll focus on learning and understanding the ecosystem, making sure everyone is on the same page.
- By day 60, you’ll have a better understanding of the larger roadmap, and can plan and figure out if any changes need to be made to execute on that. From day 90 and beyond, you'll lead the team to execute on that roadmap with confidence, carrying out the remainder of the strategy.
We value the experiences that you bring to the table, including your:
- Proven experience (6+ years) in web development with a focus on frontend technologies like ReactJS and Next.js.
- Prior experience (2+ years) as an Engineering Manager or Technical Lead, preferably in a web development or CMS-focused role.
- Extensive experience in CMS frameworks, and frontend languages such as ReactJs or NextJs..
- Strong understanding of responsive design principles and mobile-first development.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills with a track record of building and leading successful engineering teams.
- Effective communication and collaboration abilities, with experience working cross-functionally.
Let's work together to solve the student loan debt crisis together
Earnest believes in enabling our employees to live their best lives. We offer a variety of perks and competitive benefits that include:
- Health, Dental, & Vision benefits plus savings plans
- Work anywhere in the U.S.
- Mac computers + work from home stipend to set up your home office
- Monthly internet and phone reimbursement
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 401(k) plan to help you save for retirement plus a company match
- Robust tuition reimbursement program
- $1,000 travel perk on each Earnie-versary to anywhere in the world
- Competitive days of annual PTO
- Annual “my day”
- Pet insurance!
- Competitive parental leave
- Plenty of Earnest swag, optional in person team gatherings, picnics, celebrations, and plenty of fun virtual events
At Earnest, we are committed to building an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging enables us to move forward with our mission. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage anyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Earnest provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.
A little about our pay philosophy: We take pride in ensuring we are compensating our employees fairly and equitably. We are showcasing a range and actual starting pay may be based on several factors including but not limited to, market rate, the qualified pool of candidates, internal compensation, candidate location, and budgetary constraints. This number does not necessarily reflect your total compensation, but is a range for your base salary.