Back Market is the #1 marketplace for refurbished electronic devices in Europe and in the US, leading the way in a shift towards a circular economy, freeing the planet from electronic waste. We are proud to sabotage ‘new’ by connecting highly certified professionals to consumers who are looking for a more affordable, reliable and an ecological alternative to purchasing brand new products.
Back Market is undergoing meteoric growth and has raised over 884M€ already! We have the objective of reaching 1000 Back Makers by the end of 2022! We are thrilled to have an inclusive, fulfilling and caring work environment in all our offices (Paris, Bordeaux, Berlin, Barcelona & New-York). This is an opportunity for you to join a talented, humble and passionate team at the heart of innovation : the Bureau Of Technology
Be a part of the movement. Join the refurb revolution.
We are looking for our first architect to join our API center for enablement (API C4E) within our Platform tribe. This team plays a central role in driving our API transformation toward our Northstar which is building API as a product-led architecture. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background and deep knowledge and passion for APIs regardless of their style.
In this role, you will have an opportunity to drive our API transformation toward API as a product mindset, revolutionize how we build and design APIs and have a direct impact on developer experience.
What you'll be doing :
- Promote usage of API's and explain the benefits of implementing API First inside Backmarket.
- Co-create consumer-centric APIs with our squads – As an API architect, you will contribute to the design and architecture of Backmarket APIs.
- Conduct API design review with our squads to ensure that we are doing the right things, and things right!
- Be the technical owner for our API first pipeline
- Own and contribute to our API Guidelines and patterns, align them with our API community of practice and ensure that they make sense.
- Develop and maintain a common API vocabulary.
- Monitor the market to gain knowledge and understanding of the currently emerging trends in the API community.
- Co-animate our API chapter meetings.
- Identify areas of improvements and quick wins for our APIs
- Support our transition to (micro)services architecture
- Guide and educate product owners in various teams in API design and API as product mindset.
- Oversee API strategy with our head of API including its direction, align it with key stakeholders, and map API strategy into API program execution plan.
- Seeks to evolve and improve our API developer experience for our internal and external partners.
What we're looking for :
- Experience in building REST APIs
- Experience with OpenAPI 3.x
- Proficient with HTTP, JSON
- Familiarity with other API styles like GraphQL, GRPC, Event-Driven
- Hands-on experience one building tooling for developers/services / clients with a modern language
- Know-how in modern software development tools and systems including Git, Bash, Docker, Linux
- Great understanding of automated software testing, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Delivery practices
- Experience in event-driven architectures, messaging patterns is a plus
- Passion for knowledge sharing and willingness to mentor other team members
- English language fluent
- Excels at reducing complex problem domain into clear, concise, maintainable, well-documented APIs.
- A passion for creating tools to improve the developer experience of others.
- Keeping overall objectives and strategies in mind, and not being deflected by matters of detail.
- Understanding the needs of the internal or external customer and keeping them in mind when taking actions or making decisions.
- Being proactive, taking action, and anticipating opportunities.
Recruitment process :
1) Phone call with Yann our Tech Talent Acquisition ~30 minutes
2) API tech screening call ~30 minutes
3) Technical interview ~60 minutes
4) Fit Interview with your future peers
5) Meeting with our co-founders, Quentin CTO & Thibaud CEO
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US ?
- A meaningful job: through hard work, you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
- An attractive salary, equity, multiple benefits (meal tickets, health insurance, etc...), parental benefits, remote-friendly, relocation package, internal events, etc…
- Technical challenges all day every day: you will have the freedom to innovate and adopt new ideas!
- Work with passionate experts who will share their knowledge and help you develop and grow! (Backademy, technical guilds, Meet-up & Conference)
- Grow your career with a flexible career path, BackMarket can help you evolve!
- A booming scale-up: our environment is rapidly growing in Europe, the USA and soon in Asia!
- A lot of fun: you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, open-minded and friendly environment.
BackMarket is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.