At Beam (formerly Edquity), we’re building cash assistance technology that empowers institutions and government leaders to deliver funding equitably, efficiently, and securely to those who need it most. Our research-backed approach streamlines the administration of benefits while also addressing common pitfalls in program management — including racial bias, inefficiency, compliance risk, and lack of transparency and monitoring — to quickly deliver funds to those with the greatest need. Since 2020, we’ve delivered more $140M in cash grants to more than 150,000 people in need through our platform.
Beam is a Series A stage, venture-backed company and has received support from many of the leading impact and postsecondary success investors and has also received non-dilutive support from foundations like the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
Beam is seeking a Vice President, Revenue to develop and lead the execution of go-to-market strategies in our government segment. The VP, Revenue will build processes, develop sales tactics, and build pipelines to grow and scale Beam’s business at the state, local, and county levels of government. Exploratory program areas include rental assistance and eviction prevention, utility assistance, child care subsidies, family violence prevention, disaster recovery, and farmer subsidy programs.
This position is a foundational leadership role and will work closely with the Executive team to help establish revenue and partnership targets, set Beam’s vision for growth, and lead the execution of sales goals.
- Define and memorialize strategic priorities of the sales function, including go-to-market mechanics, geographic prioritization, resource planning, compensation plans, and partnership prioritization
- Serve as thought leader around the state and local government market, relevant policy environment, and competitor products and activities
- Identify appropriate lobbying support and/or consultants at the state and local level, aligned with Beam’s priorities; nurture overall relationships and monitor progress
- Identify and collect key insights from the market to inform customer priorities and the product roadmap, liaising with our marketing team to produce compelling case studies and impact storytelling collateral
- Drive growth initiatives by leveraging data and metrics to provide key insights and set targets accordingly
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders to shape top-of-funnel targets and strategies, with consideration of interplay between executive agencies and legislative councils
- Where relevant, represent the right strategies to navigate nuanced motions related to RFPs and traditionally lengthy government sales cycles
- Experience in working with municipal, county, and/or state government and an understanding of government sales/procurement cycles, especially for SaaS technologies
- Experience leading a team through rapid growth and scale in new markets
- Demonstrated experience setting and executing robust partnership and revenue targets, ideally in a government relations, policy, or public sector sales role
- Elite pipeline management and revenue predictability skills
- A solutions-oriented mindset with an entrepreneurial approach and a bias towards action
- An understanding of and passion for our product and the problems it works to solve
- A mission-driven philosophy (vs mercenary) and a champion of Beam’s mission, vision, and values
- A desire to help government perform more efficiently and reduce poverty in our communities
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary ranges at Beam are benchmarked in relation to the scope of the role, market rate, company stage, and internal equity. Where a candidate falls within the band is determined by skillset, experience level, and geographic location. In addition to base salary, this role will come with a total compensation package that includes equity shares and competitive benefits. Some of our benefits include:
- Fully Remote
- Fully Paid Health Insurance (Medical/Vision/Dental)
- Flexible, unlimited PTO
- 11 Paid Company Holidays
- Generous Parental Leave Benefits
- 401k matching
- Professional Development Stipend
- Home Office Equipment Stipend
- Equity in Beam
Beam provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.