We're an inclusive and diverse workplace, and welcome all applicants with open arms. 🤗⭐️
👋 A little about us.
is a modern documentation platform. Our ambition is to empower teams through a new document standard, suited for modern work and collaboration. GitBook is now used by over 2M users and thousands of teams
such as Adobe, Netflix, Apple, Snyk, and Google and backed by top partners such as P9 Capital, Notion Capital and Fly VC.
After more than doubling our revenue in 2021, we are expanding the size of our commercial team and are on the lookout for a bright, ambitious Senior Account Executive based in Europe to be an integral part of our journey of rapid growth. 🚀
👩💻 The role
As a Senior Account Executive you'll join our inbound sales organization alongside Adrien
(Head of Sales & Customer Success) and Alex
Our sales team ambition is to guide prospective customers through the buying process as well as to educate them about the use cases of our service and expand their accounts.
- Manage and close qualified inbound opportunities passed by our Inbound SDR team.
- Educate prospective/existing customers through short technical demos.
- Ensure deals are closed in a professional and efficient manner, with a great experience for the customer. Meeting the monthly MRR target consistently.
- Land and expand your accounts. Closing new customers as well as nurturing relationships and identifying future expansion/upsell opportunities.
- Collaborate with Customer Success team to ensure customers are successful and identify upsell opportunities.
- Work collaboratively with the team to develop and improve the effectiveness of our go-to-market efforts.
- Manage short sales cycles (< 2 months) with a contract value between $6,000-$25,000.
- Work in our CRM to forecast accurate future revenues, update records and track activity across accounts and contacts.
What we're looking for..
- Past experience working in a Product-led growth organization.
- Past experience selling SaaS or dev-tools owning the entire sales-cycle and successfully engaging with a tech audience.
- A deep understanding and genuine curiosity about tech enabling you to rapidly understand the ins and outs of GitBook and how it can benefit each potential customer. Our audience is technical and we need to make sure you would enjoy learning more about the ecosystem and workflow. We need you to be a tech enthusiast.
- Capacity to successfully guide prospect through the buying process. In short your ability to close deals.
- Can-do attitude to achieve goals in autonomous and fast paced environment. Ideally, you've been an early sales team member. In any case you draw your motivation from things left to be crafted, and you're not afraid of missing pieces in processes.
- Engaging and great communication skills in English both written and spoken.
- Empathy allowing you to adapt your communication to different types of users. This role will require you to carefully assess the existing workflow and provide the "right" solution to it. We don't want a laser-focused approach to sell the product at any cost. We want happy customers.
- Resilience as you understand an Account Executive role within a transactional environment requires high input to only get few outputs.
- Ability to thrive in an asynchronous and remote working environment. You'll be one of GitBook very first team members. This is an exciting opportunity, yet a challenging one!
✨ What's next ?
1. We will take the time to review your application and we will get back to you within a week, regardless of our decision.
2. As the next step, Alex (Sales Manager) will call you to ensure there is a correlation between GitBook's expectations, the role and your own expectations.
3. Afterwards, you will be meeting with Adrien (Head of Sales & Customer Success) and Mark (Account Executive) to share about role specifics such as required skills, knowledge, abilities as well as working environment, day-to-day life..
4. Then you will do a Workshop with Alex and other team members, in which we will run a mock demo.
5. Then, you will have the opportunity to meet with Samy (co-founder) to discuss about GitBook's history, our vision and ambition, and ensuring you're also aligned with our culture and core values.
💲💲Compensation: up to £65K-£75K + £65K-£75K OTE
🌍 Location: Europe - Remote