Soracom was founded in 2015 by AWS veterans with a clear vision to build a more connected world. Today, Soracom serves over 25,000 customers and connects over five million devices worldwide, delivering connectivity for the Internet of Things (IoT) powered by the speed and scale of the cloud. With remote teams across Japan, the US, EU and UK, Soracom is continuing to expand its global team to keep pace with the company's rapid growth.
Soracom is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we take pride in the diversity of our employees, valuing the special experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. The ability to develop ground-breaking technologies is one of our key assets and our people make it happen. Come and join Soracom to create the transformative technology that enables our customers to engineer a better world.
About the Role
Soracom is seeking a motivated Sales Development Representative with a passion for technology. You will take charge of the top of the sales funnel as a sole contributor, driving business growth in the EU/UK markets. This hands-on opportunity allows you to make a direct impact, excel in lead generation, and continuously innovate nurturing methods. Working closely with our sales and marketing teams, you will also spearhead pipeline generation strategies. We are seeking individuals who are exceptional team players, thrive in collaborative environments, and possess self-drive and autonomy.
- Generate sales qualified leads through outbound phone and email prospecting
- Working closely with our Marketing team to qualify inbound leads
- Qualifying leads by using tools such as Salesforce and Outreach.
- Uncovering prospect needs, generating interest and suggesting appropriate products or services. Forwarding to the appropriate sales representative once qualified
- Managing lead flow (keeping up with set sequences to prospects including phone calls, and emails) in Salesforce, and tracking qualified leads through acceptance by Sales Representatives.
- Meeting or exceeding set monthly goals
- Working with internal teams, and Sales Representatives to gather lead list and execute prospecting campaigns based on territories
- Demonstrate our Leadership Principles, such as Proactive, Customer Centric, Just Do It, Dive Deep, Emotionally Mature and Deliver Results.
- Two or more years of experience as Sales Development Representative working within B2B tech, SaaS, or telecommunications, or in a role involving similar activities.
- Must be fluent in English and possess excellent writing skills
- Ability to grasp basic technical concepts
- Strong listening / communication skills and ability to adjust communication style to their target audience
- Able to connect to their audience via phone and video conferencing
- Be autonomous and driven, with a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Able to work from home and has a dedicated and quiet focus area or work space
- Ability to thrive in a growing, fast-paced work environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and/or Google
- Ability to learn and willingness to adapt through coaching
- Comfortable and exceptional at managing their own time
Desirable Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience preferred
- Experience working with Salesforce, Outreach and/or Zoominfo
- An insatiable interest in breaking tech, especially for how connected devices and IoT infrastructure are re-shaping the technology landscape
- Knows the basic IT around servers, networking, and AWS services.
- Has previous working experience or exposure to Slack
- Be self-motivated, autonomous, and hands-on.
- Quick to adapt to new things and flexible.
- Have integrity, likability, and respect for others
- High antenna for IT and technology
- Willingness to expand as a global company
- Flexible work environment - work from wherever you want - as long as you have a great internet connection
- Flexible work hours - work when you’re the most productive and when it is best for you to achieve a work-life balance
- Technology budget - work with the most up-to-date tools available
- Skills-based promotion - be promoted based on your ability to perform instead of your tenure or how many hours you put in
- An environment where you’ll learn more in 6 months than you would typically in several years at another company
- A truly rewarding culture, working with individuals from across the world who are at the very top of their game