*This position can be remote within the region*
What we’re looking for…
ScienceLogic, a leading AIOps Reston, VA based software company is looking for a proven Account Executive with at least 5-10 years of direct IT Operations Management (ITOM) or related sales experience to join our established Public Sector sales organization. You will be engaging with the thought leaders who are responsible for IT Modernization. You’ll work directly with some of the technology industry’s most innovative people as you lead the effort to bring solutions to those who are driving change in Public Sector. The ideal candidate will have significant experience hunting/selling direct to Civilian Agencies and or with Systems Integrators, Channel Partners and select OEM’s.
What you’ll be doing…
- Use outstanding communication skills combined with industry and company knowledge to identify sales opportunities and articulate ScienceLogic’s vision and strategy, while showing its business value and impact to customers.
- Directly engage Federal thought leaders as they drive IT Modernization.
- Develop and communicate your account plan(s).
- Coordinate execution of proofs of concepts, partner enablement plans and proposed deliverables.
- Set and manage appropriate customer and partner expectations regarding the proposed solution from presale, sale and through to post-delivery.
- Using Meddic, our structured sales methodology, you will develop a sales opportunity pipeline and drive revenues equal to or beyond your assigned quota.
- Identify potential clients and engage them through face to face engagement, telemarketing, cold calling, social networking and other business forums.
- Build and maintain close relationship with key decision makers, technology thought leaders and business/mission stake holders, to understand needs and priorities of the organization.
- Know your key stakeholders’ goals and motives and help them succeed.
- Understand market trends and interpret data relevant to our initiatives.
- Develop and identify competitive strategies and sales plays that create opportunity for ScienceLogic and the partners.
- Engage with all levels of the organization and within cross-functional teams to manage deal pipeline and close business.
Qualities you possess…
- Proven ability to do seven figure software deals.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in an IT, business or related field and 5-10 years of direct software sales experience in ITOM or related field.
- Successful A+ track record of hunter sales experience, identifying business opportunities through creative and resourceful methods. Existing relationships with government decision makers and thought leaders is a must.
- Strong business acumen in order to demonstrate and explain how ScienceLogic solutions can meet the business goals of prospective customers.
- Demonstrated experience working with customers, sales personnel, customer service, as well as a good understanding of the industry.
- Extensive experience managing execution of the sales plan revenue targets, forecast accuracy, responsible use of company resources and sales activity.
- Ability to drive, track and close sales opportunities within your assigned territory.
- Exhibit high level of ethical standards in all business activities.
- Experience using SalesForce.
- Demonstrated consistent track record of quota achievement and overachievement.
Benefits & Perks
- A remote-first culture - work from home or come into the office, it's totally up to you.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans.
- 401(k) plan with employer match.
- Flexible Paid Time Off (FTO) so that you can take the time that you need to re-energize.
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) - take two days off per calendar year to volunteer with your preferred charitable organization.
- 5-year Service Milestone Sabbatical.
- Paid parental leave.
- Generous employee referral bonus program.
- Pet insurance.
- HQ Office centrally located in Reston Town Center featuring a well-stocked kitchen with rotating snacks and beverages, and catered lunch on Thursdays.
- Regular virtual company-wide events, including cooking classes, yoga, meditation and more.
- The opportunity to learn and develop from some of the best and brightest minds in the industry!
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At ScienceLogic, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to resolve and predict problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.