Job Title: Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
Apkudo is seeking a Senior QA Engineer with effective analytical-thinking and problem-solving skills. This individual must have a keen attention to detail, be passionate in process improvement and adept at working in a cross-functional team environment.
As a Senior QA Engineer, you will become part of Apkudo's Quality Assurance Team in an effort to oversee and ensure all internal and customer deliverables meet exceptional quality standards. As part of this team, you will contribute to improving the accuracy, efficiency, and quality of all processes utilized from test design to test execution to reporting of results. Additionally, you'll be evaluating complex issues, isolating variables, and determining the best way to test a product for quick and efficient failure detection. All deliverables such as test plans, data collection, and results, etc., must be reviewed by the QA Team to ensure that all deliveries to customers meet or exceed expectations. The QA Team will also facilitate all quality control measures on all company product deliverables, both beta releases and final.
What you'll do:
- Create and update the test design for validating Apkudo's robotic mobile automation system through remote data analysis and joint collaboration with onsite support teams.
- Create and run SQL queries in the associated database(s) to pull data output.
- Perform failure trend analysis and data analysis of Gage R&R output from robotic automation test equipment that evaluates and grades multiple Android/iOS models and OS versions.
- Evaluate current data collection and testing processes to identify process improvements.
- Identify, thoroughly record, and properly communicate to the development team bugs/defects/issues associated with product releases.
- Identify, research, escalate, and develop improvements for manual test case coverage, speed, stability, and efficiency.
- Performs tasks thoroughly and completely.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously and manage time appropriately.
- Lead process improvement efforts within assigned projects.
- Lead or mentor teammates in their assigned area of expertise.
- Proactively communicates to respective supervisor and program manager of task status and keeps them apprised of any changes, risks, and assignment completion.
- Effectively and respectfully collaborates with their assigned project team and fellow coworkers.
- Independently handles their responsibilities for their assigned project(s) without requiring recurring follow up or oversight by supervisor.
- Keeps their assigned project organized and well-documented.
What you'll need:
- Degree in Engineering, Telecommunications, or related field; and/or 5+ years of mobile device testing or related quality assurance experience.
- 3+ years proven working experience in a QA Engineering role with active involvement in mobile device testing.
- Experience in agile testing and STLC phases.
- Experienced in failure trend analysis and SQL query scripting.
- Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Excellent organizational and observational skills with attention to detail.
- Proactive, team-oriented, collaborative, thrives in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to work with remote people effectively.
- Excellent comprehension of the English language.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 and/or ISO 27001 standards is a plus.
What we expect from everyone:
- Put people first (by helping others be at their best--and making sure we are, too)
- Communicate clearly (by speaking candidly, regularly, and respectfully to everyone)
- Own our work and the outcomes (by taking personal ownership to deliver on the commitments we make to our colleagues and our customers)
- Trust and be trustworthy (by acting with integrity and providing excellent work for each other and our clients)
- Value everyone's voice (because it's all about the best ideas--not bureaucracy).
What you can expect from us:
- 4 weeks of time off every year, including time off for volunteering and your birthday.
- Paid parental leave benefits.
- Flexible working hours and schedules (some positions-like this one-will do some on-call weekend work on occasion, but we expect you to take time off during the week to make up for it).
- Casual dress.
- A company-paid Google Pixel phone or a monthly credit to apply for your tech needs (including upgrading your bandwidth).
- 12 paid holidays, including Juneteenth and the day after Thanksgiving.
- A monthly wellness stipend that you can use for things like a meditation app, standing desk, gym equipment, etc.
- 401(k) matching up to 4%.
- Up to $5,250/year for certification, continuing education, and tuition reimbursement.
- We offer insurance coverage we're proud of for you, your family, and your spouse or domestic partner. We pay 100% of the cost of coverage for you for vision (through VSP), dental (through Guardian Dental), and some medical plans (through United Health Care, the largest health insurance company in the U.S.).
- HSAs, FSAs (health care, dependent care), and commuter benefits may reduce what you have to pay for these parts of your life.
We develop software and hardware platforms for the management of connected device supply chains. Through an applied combination of artificial intelligence, advanced analytics, and sophisticated automation, our platforms help rationalize and improve the reverse logistic supply chain for connected devices (e.g., smartphones, notebooks, watches, etc.) by injecting intelligence and transparency throughout the entire device lifecycle: from design, development, testing, and certification to forward and reverse logistics. We test and certify, triage, and provide stakeholders (OEMs, Carries, Insurers, and 3PL) with the data necessary to help them balance device quality, velocity, and precision across all supply chain processes to optimize device experiences and device value.
The Fine Print:
We are an agile organization, and so the duties and description of this role may change at any time as we adapt.
This position is exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
Note: Apkudo is an Equal Opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and inclusivity and to creating a culture where everyone feels respected and connected, no matter the location of their work. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.