The Thuma team is looking for a QA Software Engineer to help us grow and evolve our ecommerce storefront. We hire for integrity, initiative, collaborative spirit, open mindedness, and willingness to learn.
At Thuma, QA Software Engineers are responsible for writing and maintaining behavioral automated tests, advising on and implementing QA best practices, finding bugs, managing our bi-weekly release process, and doing some manual testing. Depending on prioritization and skillset, this position might also assist in fixing bugs and implementing smaller features.
While Thuma is based in San Francisco, our team is spread across the country. This role is flexible and can be San Francisco based or fully remote.
- Maintain and improve Thuma’s automated unit and behavioral tests
- Work closely with the Ecommerce + Product teams to understand feature requirements and write tests to prove those features
- Recommend improvements in the software lifecycle to reduce bugs
- Assist the Engineering and Ecommerce team in planning and administering releases
This Might Describe You:
- You have a passionate curiosity. You’re not afraid to dig into something unfamiliar, understand how it works, and modify it to get it to do what you want.
- You love finding bugs and documenting how to reproduce them.
- You think about the future, while implementing the present.
- You work collaboratively. You ask questions when you don’t understand something, and you identify and resolve blockers.. You share new ideas, tools, and patterns with your teammates.
What You'll Need:
- 3-5 years of experience in testing and writing automation for websites.
- Ecommerce experience is not required, but is preferred.
- Willingness to adapt rapidly to changing requirements and maintain a positive attitude.
- Capacity to work asynchronously with colleagues in other timezones while maintaining effective, concise and clear communication.
Tech We Use (and love):
- Cypress (open minded to changes)
- Google Analytics / Other Analytics Platforms
Why Join Us:
- Competitive Compensation Package: participation in employee stock option plan, and generous 401(k) matching, cell phone reimbursement
- Health: Comprehensive health, dental, + vision coverage and sponsored membership at One Medical Discount Program
- Dream Setup: MacBook, Airpod Pros, Magic Mouse, Magic Keyboard, Monitor, White board
- Flex Time: Run errands as needed, just get your stuff done
- Flexible PTO: We believe healthy, happy, relaxed people do better work
- HQ: SF based HQ, you can either come into the office or work remotely
- Quality Sleep: A complimentary bed in your choice of size + color
Who We Are:
Thuma is a bedroom lifestyle brand, offering customers Bed Time essentials and amenities designed to celebrate life’s simple pleasures through thoughtful elevated design, quality craftsmanship, and modern convenience.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of knowledge and are talented beyond the scope of a functional role. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description. We hire for integrity, initiative, collaborative spirit, open mindedness, and willingness to learn.
Thuma is dedicated to going above and beyond to bring people with diverse perspectives and unique experiences together to do great work. We strive to create a sense of belonging by creating an inclusive culture where everyone can be their authentic self and by treating each and every team member with kindness, equity, and respect, always.