At Bluesight, our mission is to create groundbreaking medication intelligence solutions that increase efficiency, safety and visibility for health systems and pharmaceutical manufacturers. We empower our customers to deliver the right medicine to the right patient at the right time, every time. We are a high growth healthcare information technology company with a start-up 'vibe' but over 2,000 customers tracking medications using our proven solutions.
The VP of Product for Bluesight is the dynamic and visionary driver of our product platform strategies. This role is cross-functional by definition: you will partner closely with our engineering, marketing, sales, finance and operations departments to ideate, develop, and deliver high-quality products that meet business goals and ultimately help our customers address their needs.
The VP of Product will be fully accountable for the creation and execution of Bluesight’s Product development roadmap and strategies, which includes a mix of building new and growing existing products, and successfully integrating aligned products through M&A.
What you'll do:
- Align the company’s product and technology with short- and long-term commercial goals
- Ensure that products are developed and integrated according to schedule, on budget, meet quality and security standards, cost/benefit objectives, and market demand
- Create and maintain an overall Product roadmap
- Identify emerging and available technologies to improve products, services, and the development/release process
- Create and oversee Product related OKRs
- Identify, onboard, and train top talent; lead, mentor, and motivate teams to a high-level of performance and morale; create a cross-functional culture of trust, respect and collaboration
- Collaborate cross-functionally to create trust, alignment, and transparency with stakeholders at all levels
- Focus on outcomes. Ability to focus on the well-being and satisfaction of our customers as a first priority.
- Influence in all directions. Ability to influence, manage, and collaborate effectively both vertically and horizontally to effect organizational change
- Prioritize effectively. Ability to get things done in an environment with many competing demands. Have experience managing multiple products with similar, but not the same stakeholders and determining the appropriate trade-offs.
- Manage the product team. Build and nurture a high-performing team by recruiting and retaining top talent, fostering a culture of collaboration and innovation, and providing mentorship and career development opportunities to deliver high quality results.
- Drive product innovation. Stay up-to-date with industry trends and market needs, identify new opportunities, and drive the development of groundbreaking SaaS. Define, refine, and improve the product vision and value proposition.
- Work effectively in a rapidly shifting landscape. Ability to adapt and think on your feet when things don’t go as planned, and to manage others to achieve the same.
- Embrace change and new challenges that emerge which will both provide new opportunities and challenges including integration of acquired products.
- Be a systems thinker, and demonstrate the ability to break down a problem and construct robust frameworks for solutions. Be the Bluesight Platform advocate and make decisions and assign resources based on what’s best for the health and vision of the organization
What you bring:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or a related field
- Minimum 10 years of experience leading B2B Product and/or Software Technology teams
- 5+ years of experience building, releasing and maintaining business-facing software products
- Exceptional leadership abilities with a track record of building, managing and motivating high-performing teams
- Strong business acumen, with the ability to align priorities and projects with business goals
- Demonstrated commitment to reinforcing organizational health and values
- Knowledge of, or experience with, complex B2B software sales cycles, hospital purchasing and contracting preferred
- Startup experience or Private Equity experience, preferred
This position is a remote position and open to applicants in the continental United States.
Bluesight’s culture is built on innovation and teamwork. There’s room to grow and opportunities to take initiative. You will partner with sharp, motivated teammates looking to disrupt a massive industry—and have fun doing it. We truly believe that where you work and what you do matters. Join us as we revolutionize the hospital pharmacy landscape!
-Time off when you need it – unlimited vacation days!
-Generous insurance coverage
-401k program with a company match
-Employee stock options
-Fun, collaborative culture!
EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.