Project Engineer at Sustainable Startup 💧
👨👩👧👦 About Us
At Pallon, we are building smart software to automatically report defects in sewer inspection videos and consult cities when to fix them. With more accurate and objective data, we help to prevent wastewater leaks, reduce CO2 emissions, and avoid urban flooding. Our mission is to make cities more sustainable and resilient.
💪 Your Responsibilities
As Sewer Engineer you will be ensuring that our condition coding quality continues to meet the highest standards and you will be collaborating with an interdisciplinary team to further optimize our delivery processes.
- Ensuring the highest quality standards of our sewer condition coding for our customers
- Management of sewer condition assessment projects carried out using our Pallon services
- Collaboration and technical guidance of an interdisciplinary project team, including computer scientists, environmental engineers, external partners, and authorities
- Providing advice and addressing customer inquiries (including deriving potential improvements for internal analysis phases)
For a successful application, we recommend the following requirements:
- You have completed a relevant degree (e.g., Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering or Mechanical Engineering)
- You have at least 3 years of relevant experience as a Project Engineer or QA Engineer
- You possess knowledge of sewer standards, guidelines and regulations and can apply them confidently (e.g., DIN EN 13508-2, DWA-M 149-2, NASSCO, WRc, Technical Guidelines for Sewage)
- You are cooperative, dedicated, reliable, and work in a solution-oriented manner
- You are interested in working in a team with a high degree of autonomy, flexibility, and responsibility
- You are fluent in English
The following are not required for you to apply, however, they do add extra value:
- Experience in the field of sewer condition assessment and rehabilitation planning
- Certified sewer rehabilitation consultant (e.g. DWA, VSB)
- Experience as a head of sewer documentation in a sewer inspection company
- Involvement in the training of sewer inspectors
- Fluent in German
As a part of Pallon, you will:
- Contribute to a positive impact on society and the environment
- Work in a stimulating and fast-paced environment
- Be part of a motivated, smart, fun and supportive team
- Autonomy: Have a project you want to work on? We listen!
- Own a part of Pallon and have a part in our success with our Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
- Remote first: Work flexibly from home or abroad as long as you have a stable internet connection
- Enjoy access to our beautiful office space located in Zürich
At Pallon, we highly value equality of opportunity and inclusivity, and we would like to particularly encourage women and candidates from under-represented backgrounds to apply, even if you don’t match 100% of the requirements.