We’re Charlie and we exist to Make Work Better. We believe the best way to do this is by equipping progressive small companies with effortless HR tools to deliberately craft a happy, high-performing culture every day.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our Product Management team and bring CharlieHR’s ever-growing product to the next level!
As a Senior Product Manager at CharlieHR, you will be responsible for driving the product vision, strategy, and roadmap to deliver exceptional user experiences. You will work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to define and execute the product roadmap, and analyse data to make informed decisions about new features and enhancements.
Come on and join us to make work better!
This role will work closely alongside our VP of Product and be responsible for:
- Product strategy – march towards sustainable product-led growth by developing, executing and communicating a well-defined product vision and strategy
- Product delivery – foster a robust culture of delivering top-notch products by maintaining a close connection with the engineering squad, providing support, and being readily available to address complex inquiries. Wear the hat of a product owner
- Leadership – lead a cross-functional squad from concept to delivery of a product roadmap, based on our customers’ JTBD combined with our Business vision.
- Customer obsessed – maintain a sharp focus on solving customer problems, go deep in understanding user pain-points, actively look for feedback and sort things out clearly using the JTBD framework
- Data driven – guarantee informed decision-making, implement a coherent set of KPIs and adopt a data-driven approach that incorporates a range of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Collaboration – collaborate with design and engineering teams to bring the best out of collaborators and build high-quality products
- Communication – communicate product vision, strategy, and updates to stakeholders and cross-functional teams for your area of responsibility and within the squad’s scope
- Experiments – foster a culture of experimentation where we gather and analyse qualitative and quantitative data in order to validate product hypotheses
- Go to market – define clear go to market strategy in collaboration with Customer Success, Marketing and Sales teams
- Iteration – adopt a mindset of constant change, where we need to constantly incremental improvements where it matters most
- Training and coaching others: provide training to other product managers, focusing on the adoption of the most effective practices, methodologies, and frameworks employed by the highest-performing product worldwide(aligned with reforge is a plus)
You must have:
- A proven track-record of owning a large scope of consumer-facing products and features
- Ability to manage the entire product lifecycle from insights/analysis to delivery
- Strong experience with data analysis and customer research technique
- Aptitude for translating complex technical topics into simple product solutions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Relentlessly focused on customers’ needs
- Be results driven. Strong focus on here and now that is in line with the strategic vision
Let us know if you have: (all of these are desirable, but none are required)
- Experience in B2B SaaS environment
- Experience with Amplitude or other similar data analysis platform
- HRIS industry knowledge
Behaviours we look for:
- Self-starter with a bias towards action
- Results-driven mindset, focused on execution and with a hands-on approach
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional team environment
- Strong ability to motivate and inspire people to do their best work
- Possess a deep sense of ownership and responsibility
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and relationship management
- Flexibility towards change
We will still consider applications even if you don't meet every single one of the above requirements, so don't be put off if you don't match them absolutely perfectly!
The Way We Work
How we're crafting ownership, belonging and structured flexibility:
- A team of talented people experts that genuinely enjoy spending time together, with regular in-person and remote events to foster connection
- 9 day fortnights — our adjusted work week. We have every other Friday off work and have a meeting-free Wednesday on the five-day weeks to give time for deep work
- Hybrid-first approach; we optimise for office and remote working to be valued equally, and to be equally valuable
- Live anywhere in the UK; we have 6 set days per year that we require the team to be together in our London office, but you have the flexibility to live anywhere in the UK
- 90 bookable "nomad working" days outside of the UK each year (pro-rated)
- No fixed working hours; you take ownership over how you get your work done
- An amazing office space in East London's pet-friendly Second Home, and membership access to their wider London, Lisbon and LA locations.
You can find out more about the way we work at Charlie by checking out our Handbook here
- A benchmarked salary from £70,000 to £80,000 based on your level within our progression framework
- Equity options after 3 months
- A huge focus on mental health; access to Spill, offering six 121 counselling sessions, and much more
- 4 bookable “Personal days” per year for when you can’t bring your full self to work
- £750 Work Your Way annual budget
- £300 Nomad Working annual budget
- £30 monthly wellbeing budget
- 25 days annual leave + public holidays
- Enhanced Equal Parental Leave policy
Equal Opportunities Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe in the power of a diverse, inclusive team.
We welcome all applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of race, sex, disability, religion / belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please let us know if you require anything which would enable your success throughout our interview process.