Your prime directive as a Group Product manager at IOG is to lead your product area and your teams to deliver and launch successfully innovative and differentiated product offerings to market. You have strong opinions on where the industry is going, backed by experience, data and insights.
- Manage a portfolio of products or product components
- Owns vision and roadmaps
- Identifies opportunities to develop new products or services before they materialize
- Work tightly with Product Marketing to elaborate data-driven go-to- market strategies and strive to develop a solid customer success culture
- Own, develop and influence product strategy, business case, pricing and commercialization strategies
- Oversees go to market plan for all products or components within your responsibility and support product marketing in user and market research activities
- Collaborate tightly with Product design and build a powerful design thinking mindset and user centric product development approach within the teams
- Ensure alignment of product objectives in relation to organizational and business strategy and work toward create the connective tissue between business strategy and communication
- Collaborates with other leaders across the organization to ensure alignment of objectives and initiatives and foster cross-team collaboration
- Be a subject matter expert and an outspoken advocate for your product area
- Be the face of your product and interface with customer and users on a regular basis
- Set ambitious objectives for your product and your teams and be accountable for their successful completion
- Structures strategic conversations with the delivery teams and clients to ensure project success and on-going engagement.
- Leads effective brainstorming with clients.
- Be the tribe product leader and drive tribe strategy.
- Interact with C-level executives and other senior stakeholders, including strategy discussions, progress updates, and formal presentations.
As Leaders it is our responsibility to motivate, develop and progress our fellow team members. As a Leader there is a need to communicate openly with all members of your team, address any issues head on and not shy away from difficult conversations.
Empowering your team to provide the best results by organizing clear processes and coordinating team efforts should be your top priority.
Please read our Leadership at IO Global document for more information on your duties and responsibilities as a leader at IOG
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Applies their expertise and vast experience to facilitate effective communication within and across the teams.
- Primarily acts as a multiplier by building systems, authoring tools, or introducing policies or patterns that raise the level of productivity of the entire organization.
- Empathic listener and persuasive speaker. Works efficiently under pressure.
- True IOHK brand ambassador
- Set clear guidelines and objectives for the Product Managers under his responsibilities.
- Identify team objectives and KPIs to attain and ensure their good execution.
- Be a single point of contact for coordination and decision making and coordinate Product Managers activities and priorities.
- Helps set and maintain professional standards for the entire organization. Is highly regarded and respected by others on the team.
- Clearly articulates new issues, suggests changes to management for implementation.
- Demonstrates dedication to team collaboration by maintaining regular weekly/monthly meetings.
- Be able to deal with high level stakeholders from inside the company and from our clients.
- People come to you for advice and you can mentor PM’s or PO’s
- Have strong leadership skills, be resourceful and use initiative
- Demonstrate competency with requirements elicitation, analysis, specification, verification, and management practices and the ability to apply them in practice.
- Develop productive relationships with a variety of levels and roles and manage user expectations effectively.
- Leverage strong interpersonal skills to drive innovation in product development with a team of world-class engineers and Scientists.
- Have exemplary people and communications skills coupled with the savvy and maturity needed to garner the respect of senior management and clients.
- Have a keen interest in Blockchain and Cryptocurrency technology developments and trends in the product landscape.
- Engage, champion and contribute to Open Source Software communities.
- Keep up to date with the status of competitors from a technical and business perspective.
Education / Experience
- A BS/MS in Computer Science), Business, or related field
- Product Management certification is a plus (CPM, AIPMM)
- Experience as a Sr. Product Manager or Lead Product Manager, Group Product Manager
- A background in distributed computing and experience with blockchain technologies.
- At least 1 year of business experience of blockchain or cryptocurrency technology.
- Experience working in an Agile environment and managing a product backlog with highly technical engineering teams.
- Experience implementing processes to define metrics and measure the success of products that are launched.
- Experience working with software development and marketing teams, preferably in fintech.
- Proven ability in developing productive relationships with a variety of levels and roles and managing user expectations effectively.
- Has expertise in:
- Agile Framework
- Lean Start-Up
- Customer Development
IOG is a fully distributed organization but due to team distribution, we require someone to be based either in Ireland or the UK.
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
UK & Ireland Employees
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service
At IOG, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.