Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs with a passion for transforming data to drive real-world results. We are building a best-in-class enterprise Customer Data Platform that empowers marketers to create personalized data-driven experiences for the customers. We’re scrappy problem solvers who believe in tackling big challenges with disruptive thinking and giving our customers the support they need to deliver great next-generation experiences at scale.
At Simon, we firmly believe that business success starts and ends with people. We all do our best work when we are surrounded by other friendly top performers who want to succeed together. This attitude is core to our values. When you trust your team, invest in their development, and give them ownership, great things happen.
Quality content is critical to Simon’s growth and establishing our brand as a leader in the CDP space. We are looking for someone with a player-coach mentality: you should be willing to put pen to paper (or…hands to keys) when necessary but equally important, we are looking for someone who has experience managing the workflow and output of contract writers, and who is excited to play a foundational role in shaping our overall content strategy.
What You’ll Do
- Own the content editorial calendar - have a 6-9 month POV on content output
- Define and own brand voice and tone standards for all marketing content, create materials to distill this across the organization and to contractors
- Manage team of contract writers to produce high quality demand gen and brand awareness content including:
- Long form content - blogs, guides, white papers, e-books, one-sheets, case studies
- Scale content efforts through establishing consistent content production systems and processes (briefs, reviews, etc), content templates, and establishing a cadence and standard for recycling content and continual optimization.
- Own production of Simon thought leadership and executive content
- Work with executive team to determine executive editorial calendar, provide feedback on content on an on-going basis
- Own Simon’s social media presence
- Post to all channels at a regular cadence - using available content and through producing social media-native content
- Listen and respond to industry trends, and leverage viral moments to showcase Simon’s brand
- Work closely with our Growth Marketing Manager on how best to recycle and optimize content for paid channels and create new content to support inbound and outbound programs that engage prospects, nurture existing leads and drive sales opportunities
- Collaborate with contract design resources to conceptualize and create engaging visuals to go along with content
- When necessary, be willing to step in and write or edit content for a multitude of marketing channels
How we measure success:
- Qualified website visitors and all the metrics that follow (% new vs returning, time on site, organic traffic growth)
- Lead generation - through content downloads and email subscribers
- Social media platform engagement - Linkedin, Twitter, TikTok and Instagram
- Sales pipeline
- This isn’t your first rodeo. Our ideal candidate has a relevant bachelor’s degree, at least 4 years of experience in a content or copywriting role and at least 2 years of experience in a management role OR experience managing outside contractors and agencies.
- You identify as a meme lord. You’re super creative and your portfolio demonstrates your ability to manage others to create breakthrough content experiences.
- You are equal parts strategic and creative. You know how to write to an audience of business decision makers, putting their needs first to drive brand awareness, brand preference, and conversion. You know how SEO works and can create various types of content to support organic traffic. You also are highly analytical and able to use content performance data to inform or change your future plans.
- You are collaborative. You enjoy working on a distributed-but-connected team. You enjoy communicating openly, participating--and even leading-- brainstorming sessions, sourcing and sharing ideas with each other, and sharing war stories about what you’ve seen work (and what hasn’t) in the past.
- You have a drive for execution. You love the feeling of checking things off your to do list. You pride yourself on your resourcefulness, and your ability to work quickly to execute tasks.
- You’re self-disciplined and deadline driven. You have excellent time and project management skills. You’re able to set and manage deadlines on your own, and juggle multiple projects at once.
- You’re really good at communicating complex topics using layman's terms. You believe that good content should communicate using an eighth grade reading level. The content you’ve created demonstrates a unique voice, a differentiated point of view and is enjoyable to read.
- You have a strong attention to detail and outstanding command of the English language.
- While not a requirement, we prefer candidates that have experience marketing a CDP or data product OR experience marketing to a blended audience of data engineers and data-driven marketers.
- First-hand experience working in Wordpress, Hubspot, Asana, Gsuite
- Experience interviewing SMEs and conducting primary research to inform content
- PR experience
What We Offer
- 100% coverage of medical premiums for employee AND family
- Flexible PTO
- Generous Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Remote work, quarterly wellness, and client support stipends
- Professional Development stipend
In compliance with the state and city salary transparency requirements, the potential salary for this position is from $90,000 to $130,000 which represents a range commensurate with experience.
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.