Journey is the leading proactive mental health solution for modern companies. Our mission is to help all people live happier, healthier, less stressed lives. We are a rapidly growing tech startup, and we work with care and intention to create a high-performance company with the following in mind:
- Speed Wins. Make decisions, move quickly, and know that if things go wrong, it’s okay for you and the company.
- Intuition, Then Data. We’re a data-driven company. We start with our instincts and then use data to validate our decisions and improve.
- Miles, Not Inches. Thinking small is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Favor bold ideas over incremental changes.
- Customer-Obsession. We are obsessed with helping all people to live happier, healthier lives. We accomplish this by knowing our customers incredibly well and finding ways to make their lives better.
- Truth Through Safety & Courage. A safe space allows all of us to feel secure and welcome, which creates the environment needed to act courageously, speak our truth, and see different perspectives. Doing so leads to the best decisions and the most successful company.
- Quality Matters. The quality of our work reflects on us as individuals, our teammates, and the company as a whole. Ensure your work is top-notch and hold your teammates to a high standard. If something needs improvement, you’re encouraged to take ownership and make it better.
About the Role:
As the Head of Demand Generation at Journey, you’ll report directly to the CEO and be responsible for upleveling our marketing efforts and developing a robust pipeline, driving sales qualified leads, and increasing revenue.
This is a senior, strategic leadership position that requires you to partner with cross-functional leaders and also roll up your sleeves within your team as a player-coach. You will be responsible for building integrated, highly-targeted campaigns and programs that have a significant impact on Journey’s long-term growth.
This role requires a strong understanding of the digital health space, B2B marketing, and leveraging both online and offline channels for driving business. We are looking for a creative problem solver who wants to make an impact and be a key player in our mission to help all people live happier, healthier, less-stressed lives.
In this job, you will:
- Translate Journey’s company objectives into a comprehensive demand generation strategy with corresponding key performance indicators that engage, nurture, and convert prospects
- Lead the development and execution of campaigns that convey a cohesive narrative through both online channels (e.g., content marketing, webinars, emails, paid search/social, SEO) and offline channels (e.g., trade shows, conferences, event promotion, direct mail); represent Journey at industry events
- Partner with Sales, Marketing and Product leadership to create customer personas in order to build campaigns that resonate with Journey’s ICP that originate new business as well as accelerate the sales cycle
- Lead quarterly demand gen planning to meet the business goals, as well as subsequent retrospectives to determine effectiveness of initiatives
- Use a data-driven approach across all campaigns and channels to evaluate effectiveness of tactics and better understand marketing attribution; Develop dashboards and reporting to draw insights that inform strategy and decision-making
- Lead the strategy and execution of Journey’s paid media presence across all channels. Develop a forecast on the number of qualified leads we should expect based on our investment levels and be accountable for that number. Manage demand generation budget to achieve overall growth and ensure ROI
- Partner with both internal team members and external consultants to maintain brand and voice standards across all marketing channels
- Stay current on new approaches, industry trends, market dynamics, competitor activities, and tools, and adjust accordingly
- 5+ years of marketing experience that includes enterprise digital marketing
- 2+years of experience working in Digital Health
- Demonstrable experience establishing and leading marketing strategy in a dynamic, fast-paced, early-stage start-up environment
- Excellent quantitative marketing skills with a successful track record of using data and analytics to improve conversion through the funnel by experimenting, then scaling
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills; exceptional customer service and people skills
- Experience with relevant technologies (e.g., HubSpot, Salesforce, Mixpanel) and a playbook for building a highly-effective demand generation marketing stack.
- Strong experience in paid social and SEO
- Committed to leading with humility, curiosity, and transparency, with a willingness to roll-up-your-sleeves and dig into the work
- Able to operate in a player-coach role when needed to help problem solve and develop talent
- Culture Focused. We prioritize building a high-performance culture of top talent. At Journey, you’ll work with a team of smart, motivated and happy people who like to have fun.
- Remote First. We are a remote company. Where you live is where we are located.
- Stock Options. We encourage an ownership mindset by giving full-time employees the opportunity to share in the success of Journey.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance. Journey contributes 100% of the medical insurance premium for the employee, provided through Aetna.
- Unlimited PTO. We trust you to do what is necessary to get your job done while maintaining a healthy work/life harmony. We offer unlimited time off and encourage you to take it.
- Parental Leave. 10 weeks of fully paid parental leave for birthing, non-birthing, and adoptive parents is available after one year of employment. Journey also offers paid leave for pregnancy loss as well as travel reimbursement for safe and legal abortion access.
- Wisdom Money. Team members receive $1,000 per year to spend on personal development activities, such as meditation classes and retreats, as they see fit.
- Productivity Stipend. Team members receive $1,000 to spend on co-working spaces, a new desk chair, or whatever they need to make their work environment more comfortable.
- Learning and Development. Journey is invested in your continuous growth. Each year, team members are eligible for up to $500 to spend on professional development opportunities of their choosing.
- Journey’s Proactive Mental Health Program. Of course, team members and their loved ones have access to Journey Proactive EAP, our proactive mental health solution to stay happy, healthy, and mentally and emotionally fit.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Journey, we aim to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to a better environment for our people and a better product for our clients. Journey is an equal-opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience to apply.