Sikh Research Institute (SikhRI) is a global non-profit organization based in North America. SikhRI inspires individuals to connect with their roots and organizations to connect with the Sikhs based on Guru Granth Sahib's paradigm of IkOankar's Nam (1Force's Identification). SikhRI is an oasis for development and dialogue based on excellence, integrity, and service to realize the full human potential.
SikhRI seeks to develop a principle-driven community of Sikhs by following Gurmat-based core beliefs and inspiring Sikhs through meaningful interactions, dialogue, and education. SikhRI helps to formulate and promote public policies by engaging in the analysis, study, and research of issues encompassing Sikhs and Sikhism throughout the world.
About the Role
Are you a dynamic marketing leader ready to drive impact in a mission-driven organization? Sikh Research Institute (SikhRI) invites you to join us as the Director of Marketing. In this role, you'll spearhead the development and execution of our marketing roadmap, collaborating with cross-functional teams to ensure our message reaches a global audience. Your creativity and strategic thinking will be instrumental in maintaining our brand image, enhancing consumer experiences, and supporting fundraising initiatives. If you're passionate about connecting individuals and organizations with Sikh values, and you thrive in a collaborative environment where your marketing expertise can make a meaningful difference, we encourage you to apply and be part of SikhRI's journey to inspire and educate. Join us in realizing the full human potential through the power of IkOankar's Nam.
- Design and direct the activities of the Marketing Roadmap
- Annually participate in the budget planning process, proactively establishing best practices for cost management, resource planning and overall execution tactics for the marketing plan.
- Lead the execution of each respective marketing plan: Events, Webinars, Reports, Newsletters, and Podcasts, among others.
- Direct the Marketing team and associated consultants, agencies in the execution of work as assigned.
- Design and direct marketing campaigns for a positive consumer experience and maintain brand image and standards.
- In Partnership with the Director, Fundraising - design events to support upcoming fundraising initiatives and direct the successful execution with the Event Manager.
- In partnership with the Creative Team to develop brand-centered, data-driven, creative strategies for social media content, advertising content, content marketing opportunities as part of a greater marketing strategy.
- Develops and administers marketing database that includes prospect and client information.
- Lead and monitor project and design requests to ensure they are submitted correctly and with the appropriate detail and aligned to SikhRI's overarching marketing and brand strategy.
- Proactively consults with key departments and divisions to support the distribution of content in a relevant and timely way to the consumers.
- Works collaboratively and cooperatively with each department to ensure the SikhRI's exposure is strategic, appropriate, within the brand, and as cost-effective as possible
- Lead the Community Events team to support the design and execution of memorable Fundraising Events with success measures designed to drive growth
- Design and Execute and changes to SikhRI's website and social media
- Design and execute any opportunities to increase SikhRI's profile
- 8+ years of digital and general marketing experience, including Event Management.
- Holds a strategic mindset with strong analytical skills and background in Marketing function (traditional, events, and digital)
- Experience designing and directing Social Media Strategies as they are well-versed in popular social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects at the same time, understand priorities, and adapt to changing needs & demands
- Experience in writing compelling marketing copy, impeccable proofreading and editing skills, and writing experience in various formats
- Experience tracking, reporting, and learning from marketing performance metrics supporting specific goals.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multitask effectively, and strong attention to detail
- Nonprofit sector and event marketing experience, experience working with remote teams, and the ability to read/speak Panjabi are a plus.
- Collaborative, energetic, and enjoys supporting others
- Excited and committed to learning, growing, and developing new skills
- Attentive to details, communicative, responsive, and open to feedback
- Creative in approach to developing new materials and solutions to complex communications projects
- Iterative, solutions-oriented mindset with an eye toward continuous improvement
- Enjoys working on many different types of projects and can prioritize their work and the work of others based on deadlines and organizational priorities
Only those applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. SikhRI is an equal-opportunity employer. Please be advised that all offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of professional references and background checks, including Social Media Account(s).