Angaza enables businesses to sell life-changing products, on credit, to low-income, unbanked consumers in emerging markets. Our technology uses an IoT network of connected devices, mobile payments, and machine learning to accelerate the adoption of solar energy systems, smartphones, and appliances.
We are reinventing consumer credit by making it available to the 2 billion people across the globe who are unbanked or left out of formal credit/savings ecosystems. With Angaza, consumers have the flexibility to buy now and pay later (BNPL), with full pricing transparency. And, merchants can increase their sales and revenue by over 8x by offering life-changing products on credit, without taking on the risk or complexities of managing consumer financing.
Angaza’s B2B sales and customer management software is used by businesses across the globe to improve the daily lives of over 35 million people.
Angaza is seeking a people and culture champion to support our international team in improving financial access and changing lives across the globe. As our HR Manager, you will be the go-to person for our US and global team members and own initiatives that spotlight our inclusive, remote-first, impact-driven, and collaborative culture. You will also coordinate with our Kenya-based People Operations team operating out of our subsidiary in Nairobi, Kenya. A typical day would include a blend of tactical HR support in payroll and benefits, as well as strategic projects around employee engagement and experience. This is a fully remote role with great potential for growth and expansion in responsibilities. You’ll be joining a growing mission-driven company with a strong commitment to positive social impact. Share your interest today!
The HR Manager will report to the US Director of People Operations. This full-time position is based remotely in the United States. Candidates must be able to work East Coast business hours (M-F 9a-5p EST/EDT).
Core HR Responsibilities
- Handle all aspects of payroll and benefits administration for the US and global Angaza employees, including:
- Manage payroll administration in Namely (US employees) and Deel (global employees and contractors)
- Manage expense report approvals and reimbursements in conjunction with the Finance team
- Manage all aspects of benefits administration, including administering open enrollment, sending weekly benefit reports to Angaza’s benefits broker, updating benefits enrollments, and processing new hire benefits
- Administer and track all company-wide required security and compliance trainings
- Maintain employee e-files including offer letters, salary letters, role changes; conduct regular audits of e-files to ensure compliance and critical paperwork is up-to-date
Employee Lifecycle Responsibilities
- Partner with hiring managers to ensure a smooth and positive recruiting process
- Own administration of our applicant tracking system, Lever, and provide weekly and monthly reports on recruiting metrics to senior leadership
- Manage external recruiting vendors as needed
- Support with recruiting coordination, including scheduling full panel interviews and day-to-day support for hiring managers
- Own all aspects of onboarding including equipment purchasing, onboarding scheduling, and check-ins with new hires
- Coordinate terminations including equipment recovery, account closure, and exit documentation
- Support corporate travel bookings and approvals
Employee Experience Responsibilities
- Build day-to-day experiences for Angaza employees to connect with the team while remote
- Coordinate monthly onsite team days at WeWork for the San Francisco Bay Area team, including WeWork vendor management, event planning, and day-of coordination
- Own internal culture communications, including monthly internal newsletter, anniversary and birthday celebrations, and quarterly culture celebrations
- Support with other culture initiatives and maintain strong relationships with team members to best curate the Angaza culture
Required Skills, Attributes and Experience: You...
- Have a Bachelor degree in HR (preferred) or other field. SHRM or PHR certification a strong plus
- Have 4+ years of related experience in a People Operations/Human Resources support role. Prior experience in a startup environment is a strong plus
- Have experience managing payroll and benefits through an HRIS. Experience with Namely and Deel preferred, experience with international payroll systems a strong plus
- Care about the “human” in human resources; are able to empathize with team members across different roles, seek to understand others’ perspectives, and go the extra mile to create a positive work environment
- Are motivated by helping others
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possess a strong attention to detail
- Handle sensitive information with discretion
- Have strong project management skills, and are an expert at managing your own time
- Bring creativity and enthusiasm to “people projects”
- Exemplify Angaza’s values: impact-driven, empathetic, courageous, trustworthy, curious, and collaborative
Please use the form linked below to apply for this position, including the required eligibility questions and uploading a resume and other application materials if you feel they would support your candidacy. Due to the nature of the role, Angaza is unable to sponsor or transfer employment visas. All applicants should have permanent US work authorization prior to applying, and applicants who require an employment visa will be removed from consideration.
Angaza is a for-profit company with headquarters in San Francisco and Nairobi.
Employees receive salary, an equity stake in Angaza, and benefits that include:
- Competitive health benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, HSA, & FSA
- 401(k) with company match
- Fully paid parental leave
- Flexible scheduling and time off policies
- Knowledge that you’re making a positive impact on the world every day you come to work!
Our Commitment to DEI
At Angaza, we evaluate all candidates on the basis of their ability to meet stated job requirements. We do not discriminate against candidates on the basis of sex, gender, marital status, religion, nationality, or other personal characteristics. In keeping with our commitment to supporting a safe and inclusive workplace, we strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds to apply.